I've seen it all!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS actually the %age only relates to the last 12 months, one can however check back further if so inclined!

PS Feedback %age only applies to the previous 12 months, however, one can check back further if one is so inclined!
Here is one negative, more than 12 months ago

All 4 chair frames badly scratched - seller offered swap or £20 refund
PAIR OF FLORAL DINING CHAIRS RESTAURANT CHAIRS FLORAL PATTERN VELVET CHAIR (#184200015428)
7***e (475)
£340.00
More than a year ago
Reply by peppermillinteriors. Left more than a year ago.
Apologies, we did offer to exchange or £20 compensation

The way ebay's feedback system works now is if you receive a refund, even a partial refund with a claim by the seller that you did something (e.g., I got a "refurbished but checked" pressure washer with a hose with a hole in it, sent it back to the seller, who never checked it as it wasn't a small hole - and the seller gave me a partial refund with ebay and said "buyer switched hose and returned". Unfortunately, I had the same pressure washer and no hose at all, so the hose was actually what I needed and I just ended up paying the nonsensical part cost later to get an actual new hose and gun....nonetheless ...the seller giving me a partial refund eliminated my ability to leave negative feedback for the dirty seller. Ebay ended up giving me the balance of the purchase price out of their own pocket, which was fine, I guess, but I would rather have seen the seller have to pay for their underhanded tactics - they got away and probably resold the thing to someone else).

Long story short, the system is set up so that only a real pain in the buttocks buyer would be able to leave negative feedback, and the seller would have to have refused a refund to do it.

I've never had negative feedback probably have sold about 400 things through ebay over the years (that sounds like a lot, but I've been using ebay since 1996). I've only had one negative feedback as a buyer, too - a seller sold me a "refurbished and certified" vacuum and the vac didn't work, broken height adjustment. They didn't respond, I attached a video showing that the vacuum didn't work literally the day I got it, filed a dispute and the seller left me negative feedback. Ebay removed it immediately without me requesting.

Point being, the system is highly biased to not have negative feedback on anything at all and nothing other than a no-refund unsettled dispute will allow it to stay now. Sellers can't leave negative feedback now, either (as I'm sure too many sellers losing disputes tried to rebel by leaving negative feedback) - they haven't been able to leave much other than positive for buyers for a long time.

If the seller is reasonable and responds to customer demands, even when they're dumb demands, it's not hard to stay at 100%.

For all of the horror stories about terrible buyers I've bought and sold a combination of maybe 2000 things over the years and probably have 5 total bad experiences (non payers, crazy people, bad sellers). Way better than I've had buying directly off of websites, even as much as I'd rather not have ebay and paypal take a slice off of the seller.

I wonder if that fellow can put that table for me in a 1 kg royal mail box! Shipping to the US from the UK (and back the other direction) is pretty much a no-go these days for all but the smallest high value things.

it isn't any better from anywhere else in europe, either.

I wonder if that fellow can put that table for me in a 1 kg royal mail box! Shipping to the US from the UK (and back the other direction) is pretty much a no-go these days for all but the smallest high value things.

it isn't any better from anywhere else in europe, either.
We have friends in the states and send items back and forth, mainly presents. Apparently it goes by air, the “by sea” option is no longer available to the general public.

What I cannot understand is that in the past I have ordered something from China for 99p including postage, delivered to my door. Were I to post the item back to the docks it would cost me more than that. It seems that Chinese sellers have access to a uk postage pricing which us in uk do not.

£1900 ?! I've got an empty AGS10 in the shed, throw in some scaff boards and wood glue that's got to be worth £1000 at least :ROFLMAO:

These things are for those with more money than sense, if they manage to sell their items, fair play to them

As said feedback can be misleading as it can be manipulated

Its like a lot of stuff on other sites like Etsy, people pay huge sums for things, just to say they have paid huge sums

My wife does crocheting she did a shawl which she would have sold for say £40 at most, there is the same one on Etsy at over £300, but someone will buy it

These things are for those with more money than sense, if they manage to sell their items, fair play to them

As said feedback can be misleading as it can be manipulated
A lot of what they sell is new so that could explain the good feedback. I expect the item would be bought by a bar/bistro/cafe looking for something different. The adjustable height may give it some versatility in that sort of setting. There would be some cost transporting it to a workshop, it would then need stripping down and cleaning, making the top, assembling then transporting it to a display area. Paying 20% vat.

I do not think it is too expensive and better than it going for scrap. Would I buy it, no, but then I do not have a cafe or similar.

Is that topic about how to make new age art sales, earn the money, waste a money…
from commends I’m not sure…

Back