I've ran out of Wurth woodslide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":92mkyy2q said:
paulm":92mkyy2q said:
40 grit Phil ?!!!

Cheers, Paul
Yes, it knocks the high spots off the milling marks quite quickly. A quick wipe with any wax polish - as much to get rid of the black before it marks anything as anything else, and away you go.
Assuming of course that it's a cast iron table.

Blimey, thought it was a typo and you meant 400 grit !

Must be some rough old cast iron you've got there :lol:

Cheers, Paul

promhandicam":21j8ijrd said:
ColeyS1 - I've got a some Woodslide which I don't use - I was given it when I bought my planer. You are welcome to it if you want to pay the p+p assuming a courier will handle it.

Wow, really kind offer - thank-you :wink: Would you mind if i gave you an answer in a few days so i can see what the turps/whitespirit is like. Its got me wondering if it is just the thinners that cleans off the resiny stuff from the bed. Usually when i've spritzed the bed............ the first piece of timber afterwards is always a bit ju ju ju ju juddery and grimey. This might explain the crud being transfered from the bed onto the next piece of timber ??

I didnt realise the safety sheet only showed the hazardous chemicals :oops: I've got to stop watching all these csi style programmes thinking im the next Columbo #-o

RogerP":1p0ya5vj said:
Jacob":1p0ya5vj said:
, but as a non-drinker, I've been wondering what to do with them. I used up one lighting a bonfire.

Send them here where they will receive a loving reception. Cheers :lol: :lol:

the 500ml spray tin costs just under £9, the 5l container £70 direct from Wurth. I bought some recently for another member here who lives overseas.

Nothing like reviving a 3 year old thread to get 'dormant' members to respond :shock:

RobinBHM":3r12b6td said:
I've always wondered if Wurth woodglide is just white spirit :D

let us know how you get on!

It isn't.

Back