I've just bought this.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColG

Established Member
Reaction score
278_100_2228.jpg
278_100_2223.jpg

Since trying to chop my fingers off on the table saw https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19891&highlight= , I've had a little time on my hands (no pun intended :D ) so I started browsing French property sites and came across an old cabinet makers workshop which is approx 175m2 on 3/4 of an acre in a nice village in the Charente region.

My plan is to refurbish the workshop to make a nice 4 bed/2 bath home however, it also comes with a block built watertight garage that is 35m2 and 3m high at the eaves. This will become the workshop I've always wanted.

278_100_2219.jpg
278_100_2221.jpg

Just a little bit of work but an exciting project nonetheless - just got to get my left hand working properly now!!

Cheers

Col

oh for pete's sake! Anyone else want to raise this gloat with an air hangar or small island??

Well done Col, it look beautiful! :D

If you need a teamaker......

That does look nice. Welcome to the exodus...

Well I'm not sure it's a gloat, but this will be my workshop in Southern Normandy.

ChenaieGdn5.jpg

Or at least the end bit, from the new window to the door. At the moment it's got an earth floor and no electricity, and there's a bit of wall (rough stone, natch) missing, but when I retire, that's where I'll be wasting wood.

I've already got a second set of planes ready to go over...

Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade the vendor to leave his machinery but hey ho, can't have everything.

I had a list of properties/plots to view and this was my favourite - this was the second one I saw and put the offer in there and then £18,500 all in - bout the price of a decent tool kit!!!

I remember the last Brain Drain as well. Labour government then as well!
Will the last person to leave please switch off the lights? :twisted:

Roy.

Digit":j0ingxs4 said:
I remember the last Brain Drain as well. Labour government then as well!
Will the last person to leave please switch off the lights? :twisted:

Roy.

Isn't that the Sparks' forum?

I am SO envious you swine :evil: :lol: I love the Charante region, though I know the Charante-maritime area slightly better. I nearly moved there 5 years back.

If i could get the work I would go tomorrow.

I'm off to be sick #-o

woody

Isn't that the Sparks' forum?
No, it's save the planet forum, the do gooders have to have something to worry about or they won't sleep. :twisted:

Roy.

As Pecker says, the work is the pipper. It's one thing to have a holiday or retirement home, but work is something else. In Normandy (and some other parts) it used to be possible to make a living doing renovations for Brits, but that market seems to be shrinking pretty rapidly. The new incomers are the Dutch.

Back