I've got the clamps!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sed9888

Established Member
Reaction score
I have some F clamps that i have used a few times but they are already failing the little notches don't seem to be able to hold the clamp, i've binned three today,
so can anyone recommend clamps please im just a working man so no silly priced stuff :LOL:, but i

just a thought, you haven't got glue in the notches have you that's stopping them - I had problems with a few Bessey UniKlamps, but I now let them sit in a tube with white vinegar in, and they come out perfect and hasn't happened again

just a thought, you haven't got glue in the notches have you that's stopping them - I had problems with a few Bessey UniKlamps, but I now let them sit in a tube with white vinegar in, and they come out perfect and hasn't happened again
I hadn't thought of that but will certainly check tomorrow thank you for finding the time

F clamps often slip after some use. The cheap ones and even the more expensive types will do it.

It may be a bit of a fiddle, but I've resurrected mine when that happens with a series of hack-saw or file swipes at right angles straight across the backs and fronts of the main bar. Usually spaced closely together, say about 1/16 inch or so.

The intention is to roughen the surface where it contacts the insides of the collar section - it'll work, try it.

Good luck

F clamps often slip after some use. The cheap ones and even the more expensive types will do it.

It may be a bit of a fiddle, but I've resurrected mine when that happens with a series of hack-saw or file swipes at right angles straight across the backs and fronts of the main bar. Usually spaced closely together, say about 1/16 inch or so.

The intention is to roughen the surface where it contacts the insides of the collar section - it'll work, try it.

Good luck
Thank you i will try that id hate to have to throw them away thank you for finding the time happy new year

Record. Last forever, or until you lend them to somebody who tightens them with a pair of Stillsons trying cramp up an oak table top. He replaced them however!

dunno but I have been using them for over 20 years. Never bought a Bessey or Axminster

Those Bessey F klamps are the best I’ve ever used. Super strong

Wonder if the Axminster copies are just as good though? 🤔

..don't seem to be particularly bank balance friendly.
I'm gonna echo this sentiment as even looking on Sphinx's site I can see we have a wildly different interpretation of affordable..do really like the look of their deep throat piston "F" clamps but not enough to justify a three figure sum per clamp. Maybe if I really needed some for a pending task but not while I'm still "building" my inventory of required stuff.

Just look at the specs when comparing prices. Piher much stronger

Back