I've done another

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one big box, oh hang on maybe your working with those millie thingums, not quite so large then. :wink:

Looks good I have yet to try spines, I am not much of a box maker :?

Dave
I like bokes as they are resonably quick and easy.
HOW CAN YOU SAY YOUR NOT A BOX MAKER :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just who won the prize for box making :?: :?:

Bean

Hi Bean

I love your box, it's excellent.

DaveL":n7lird6n said:
I know and I am still wondering what the judges were on when they picked mine out :oops:

It was those crisp ten pound notes that came through the post. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Bean,
Excellent stuff! I like the way you have wrapped the grain around the corner.

I dunno if it's the photo but the finish looks rather dull - assuming you have finished it of course! I would prefer it with something a bit more glossy.

Bean,
how did you cut the corners to take the splines? When I did mine on the table saw I ended up with a slight recess in the bottom of the grooves caused by the offset teeth of the blade.

Andy

Bean,

Ooo, that's nice. Love the stripe in the walnut going round the corner. And the shape of the top. Might have made the top a tad thinner maybe? But I'm just picking nits now.
blush2.gif

DaveL":31m6v2i3 said:
I know and I am still wondering what the judges were on when they picked mine out :oops:
Can't speak for the others, but I was on a chair.
smile.gif

Cheers, Alf

Lovely job. I particularly like the mitre keys; did you cut the slots using a sleigh/jig-thingy for the table saw, or did you do it by hand?

JS

I cut the splines using my Table Saw and a home made Jig(Tony :D) I simply cleaned them up with a small chisel from a carving set I was given. The splines are made of an offcut from the scrap bin, and thicknessed to match the slots. Fiddly but worth it.

Chris the poto does not do it justice as it has a wonderful glossy sheen which seem to bring out the grain even more

Thank you all for your encouraging comments

Bean

Back