I've cancelled my subsription

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel2

A Total Member !!
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
As per the title, really.
I see that a post I made has been summarily deleted, without any forwarding information to myself.
As I only spotlighted a truth, I find this quite abhorrent, and have now cancelled my rolling financial support to the site. Considering that my post was toward a non subscribing member, viz a freeloader,, who is hell bent on polluting the site, I find the behaviour of the mods quite bizarre. Time to get your house in order I thinK.

Last edited:
I see that a post I made has been summarily deleted, without any forwarding information to myself.
As I only spotlighted a truth, I find this quite abhorrent, and have now cancelled my rolling financial support to the site. Considering that my post was toward a non subscribing member, viz a freeloader,, who is hell bent on polluting the site, I find the behaviour of the mods quite bizarre. Time to get your house in order I thinK.
I have no idea who or what you're referring to, but I think the term freeloader for someone who puts up with a bombardment of annoying adverts is a bit daft. You could equally call anyone who watches ITV a freeloader.

I have no idea who or what you're referring to, but I think the term freeloader for someone who puts up with a bombardment of annoying adverts is a bit daft. You could equally call anyone who watches ITV a freeloader.
oh my, the sacrifice. WWII veterans have got nothing on you guys who endure all of those ads.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/account/preferences
About 1/2 way down the page. Disable advertising. That will stop all but the top 4 forum sponsors ads.
So you won't "put up with a bombardment of annoying adverts".

You may be entirely correct in that deleted post, but that does not give you or anyone else the right or permission to diss another member. Report it if you think it's wrong. And I am sorry you decided to stop being a supporting member due to being angry at having your post deleted.

BUT, you are still welcome here as a "viz a freeloader" on the forum. Thank you for your past support.

You may be entirely correct in that deleted post, but that does not give you or anyone else the right or permission to diss another member. Report it if you think it's wrong. And I am sorry you decided to stop being a supporting member due to being angry at having your post deleted.

BUT, you are still welcome here as a "viz a freeloader" on the forum. Thank you for your past support.
I guess I am classed as a freeloader.
I came to this site with the desire to help others tackle some interesting challenges and share some experience.
I have not asked for anything in return.
With this current thread, I think I will remain a freeloader - or just leave quietly.

Never been renowned for my "Freeloading" abilities, but apparently I've been doing it for nigh-on 20 years, now........

Old-school-on-line-forums are thin on the ground nowadays, but whatever else, this place has visibly and audibly changed.
Looking forward to the next 20, if I'm spared!

Last edited:
@Daniel2 , most of the members here have been here far longer than you and have never paid any subs to be here. Many have in the past offered direct financial support the originator of the site over the years out of their own generosity which Charely always refused. Personally I am not a paying subscriber and do not intend to be. Members do not have to fork out cash to achieve the same rights as you feel you have as a "paying member" to be part of this site, they have and do contribute in many other ways. If we all took your current attitude then I should be charging you £60 an hour to read any information or advice I may post here if you ever intend to use any of it. The point of this site is to spread our knowledge and experiences within the world of our hobbies/vocations carried out in workshops in the UK after all it is UKWorkshops not ExpatsWorkshops is an argument that could also be posited using your logic. Stop being so churlish and try to consider not insulting the majority of the membership here.

I refuse to watch adverts - most are an insult to intellegence IMHO from past experience before recorders. I always record programs on commercial channels, then skip em, or watch on iplayer.

I refuse to watch adverts - most are an insult to intellegence IMHO from past experience before recorders. I always record programs on commercial channels, then skip em, or watch on iplayer.
I get that and I am guilty to some extent in that regard as well, but what alternative is there to advertising/sponsorship?

I deleted your post as part of a bulk deletion. Normally, as in most of the time, I do include a reason for the deletion, move, or edit. However, this time I didn't and the omission was accidental. For the few cases where I intentionally don't include a reason, I assume the member is smart enough to know why I moderated the post or thread.

As for getting the house in order, if you think moderating a large discussion forum with an international membership is easy or fun, I will gladly step aside and let you have a crack at it. I am a member, a volunteer Moderator, and do have a life and hobbies aside from the UKW.

If you are upset because your post was deleted and you don't know why, then don't hesitate to contact us and ask. We are human, mostly, and do make mistakes. If the deletion was a mistake, it is one mouse click to restore the post or thread. If the deletion was not a mistake, I am very happy to discuss this privately. Deleting your post was not a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back