Quantcast

I've bought a Woodrat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

fatbadcat

Reaction score
Is there a way for the pictures on that site to display? Most don't show for me. Hosted off site perhaps and now lost?

Pete
There is a timeline at the top so you can look at an earlier/later ‘capture’ but as you say some pictures will be lost.

machone

Reaction score
Hi folks. I am trying to get my long boxed WoodRat in use. I have a couple of issues with it:

1 the button which you set for dovetails keeps ‘slipping’. I have overtightened it so that the nut moved in the plastic, however, whatever tension, it still slips. Are there any cured for this?

2 the left hand fence gets stuck on the body of the machine - it appears tilted in towards the body. I have shaved a bit off the plywood and added washers, but this seemed to make the situation worse.

2 I can live with, 1 renders the machine useless.

thanks

machone

Reaction score
Hi folks. I am trying to get my long boxed WoodRat in use. I have a couple of issues with it:

1 the button which you set for dovetails keeps ‘slipping’. I have overtightened it so that the nut moved in the plastic, however, whatever tension, it still slips. Are there any cured for this?

2 the left hand fence gets stuck on the body of the machine - it appears tilted in towards the body. I have shaved a bit off the plywood and added washers, but this seemed to make the situation worse.

2 I can live with, 1 renders the machine useless.

thanks
Just to update, if anybody was having similar problems, I phoned Martin at woodrat & he confirmed it was ok to sand a bit off the sides of the centre button guage so it slides more easily. I did this and it works well now and I have had some success with dovetails.
Great device.