Its that time again and im after a Bicycle Wheel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok im starting to build Halloween props again and one of the things I need is a bicycle wheel. Not the tyre just the hub. Not wishing to kill a brand new one (or even pay £50 for one) do any of you guys know where I would find a used one? Anything around the 10-20" mark is fine.

Cheers
Alan

This is going to annoy you considering we live so close to each other. But I threw one out day before yesterday. Had to replace my back wheel after ten years of cycling and threw the other one out! If only your post had been a couple of days earlier!

Have you tried ringing local bike shops, as I bought my new one from a bike shop and whilst there got them to take the gears off the old one and put them on the new ones, and then asked them to throw the old one out?

Not to annoyed as im sure you ride one with a wheel thats larger than 20" and thats really the size limit unless I get desperate.

I thought of ringing shops but never thought they would have old ones nor did I know you could take gears off old ones and put on new ones, I thought they came as a package. Ill give it a go, cheers.

phil.p":29lbhabx said:
Run over a cyclist and nick a wheel?

Funny thing that.
Until a few years ago I used to cycle a lot. 25 miles a day to and fro work, and I have done the end to end twice, so I have covered a few miles.
During that time I have been hit by cars ( mirrors hitting end of handlebars ) 4 times and do you know what effect it had on the bike..... absolutely none !!! Trashed two of the car doors ( other two didn't stop ) but didn't disturb the bike atall.
Weird.

Grahamshed":2cld6ifa said:
phil.p":2cld6ifa said:
Run over a cyclist and nick a wheel?

Funny thing that.
Until a few years ago I used to cycle a lot. 25 miles a day to and fro work, and I have done the end to end twice, so I have covered a few miles.
During that time I have been hit by cars ( mirrors hitting end of handlebars ) 4 times and do you know what effect it had on the bike..... absolutely none !!! Trashed two of the car doors ( other two didn't stop ) but didn't disturb the bike atall.
Weird.

Well sounds like an even better plan now :lol:

Back