It's snow joke

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Woke up to this today :?

Attachments

• IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 883
  • IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 882
We had rain on the IOW, and I am not sorry for that, I've hated snow since the winter of 63. only had three or four medium frosts so far, which has helped my workshop rebuild no end.

Gareth

I wanted to wait until the sun came out and the sky was blue but it ain't gonna happen today...the skies are still very heavily laden with snow...for as far as one can see....

DSC_0301.JPG

About 4 inches fell overnight here in Kent....with drifting in the wind to over 6 inches...but it was very beautiful...

DSC_0350.JPG

Alfie...the new "special needs" puppy was driven bonkers by the sudden covering of "his" sniffing domain....

DSC_0346.JPG

....and the sight of kids with sledges was a real novelty....

DSC_0318.JPG

....at a distance at least....

DSC_0319.JPG

....then the "drifty bits" became more fun....

DSC_0326.JPG

...until we all go so cold...it was time for home...not, of course....until we dug out the biggest stick in the woods and dragged it all the way back...

DSC_0351.JPG

It's just started snowing all over again so no doubt we can go play tomorrow....Dad? DAD!!? :mrgreen:

Jim

Yes I was hopping for a nice undisturbed day so I could get out with the camera. Had two shots planned and wished I done them last night with a fill flash.

Anyhow we had 3 1/2 inch at 11pm. We ordered food at 9:15pm it got to us midnight. It knocked out our Sky TV as it was piled upon the dish. Lucky we have Sky on the xBox so watched it on there over the internet.

I also hate snow but only because england seems to be a huge wimp when it comes to snow. Been outside to clear the drive and lay rock salt, kids kinda made a snowman. Well they just ran around while adults did it and half way through they wimped out and went in. Even been playing with the dog in back garden, stupid animal kept eating it.

Ill upload the one or two photos I tried to get (didn't bother with the planned shots) once I have done them. For some reason I couldn't get the exposure bracketing to work so I may need to post-process more then normal.

I hate the snow :twisted: We had around 12mm yesterday evening and fortunately it's all gone this morning...means I can get out on the Blokebike...happy days! (hammer) - Rob

So that's what snow looks like.

Last winter we had probably 3 or 4 feet on the ground at this time. This year we've had little snow and it has be unseasonably warm. It's supposed to get up to about 40 degrees F here today and 45 tomorrow. I'm not complaining. I think it's my fault we haven't had much of a winter. I have my first new winter coat in about 20 years, new, warm winter boots, a new snow blower and for Christmas my wife gave me snowshoes.

Just to rub it in, 'cos I'm like that! Warm and sunny here! :oops:

Roy.

Knew I'd finally "gone native" since moving up here when today I got really cross with the newsreader on the BBC saying "most of Britain was severely affected by snow". There's none up here, and to add insult to injury, the report then went over to correspondents in Kent, Nottingham and Cambridge.
There's still parts of Britain that are NOT England (hammer)

England ends north of Watford for some Dick. I'ts hovered around 9/10 degrees here today.

Roy.

We had around 2" fall yesterday evening. By this morning we have 6-7"... mid shin depth!

A lovely afternoon with my Partner, brother, nephews, sister and friends was had at our local country park sledging down the huge hill.
Happy faces in some bleak times.

Hi, Chaps

I was on a stag night last night, in Nottingham!
We managed to got a taxi home because all the busses had stoped.
A mate and I got dropped off near out houses and had a snow ball fight and at one point I fell over.
We I got home my phone was missing to I retraced my steps (easy in the snow) and there it was in a tyre track,
it had been run over! but when I pulled it out of the snow it was still working!!!

Pete

Been snowing here too! Had about six inches in total.

P1010019.JPG

The water to the house is frozen, so we have to get buckets of water from the barn (about 100 yards away), which we are storing in a (new) dustbin in the kitchen!

The chickens and pigs haven't been out of their sheds for days, although the ducks don't seem to mind it too much, and the dog loves it!

Chris

We had about 4" but today is brilliant sunshine and a bitter cold wind. Temp, about 0 with a wind chil of -3 ! So warmer (?) than yesterday. We have got away a lot lighter than most of France me-thinks..

Our old lab has been going out when desperate and stayed in bed the rest of the time!

I'm a soft southerner too t8hants and like you remember 1962/63 winter vividly. I took the Queen's shilling October 62 and was stationed near Aldershot. Didn't stop shovelling snow for about 6 months after basic training.
Relocated to the Peak District over 30 years ago so the army training has been refreshed most years. We have had a few inches of snow on the garden for 10 days or so now, that was of course unofficial snow, not ratified until it snowed south of Watford.

Almost every newspaper in Tesco is screaming BRITAIN IN DEEP FREEZE!

NO IT AIN'T!!!

Roy.

Wilder, where abouts in 23 are you? I`m near to St Etienne de Fursac with very similar problems, no hot water (turns out the woman who had the house before me was stung by some brit who called himself a builder), and it`s set to stay well below 0 for the next week at least.

Dex

Thought you'd escaped the British winters did you? :lol:

Roy.

Latest posts

Back