Its now OFFICIAL

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
The 2011 Challenge has now made it to completion :mrgreen:

The dust has settled :lol:

And we have a overall winner 8)

Silverbirch........ 3 1 3 1 3 1 3 1 1 4 5 4 30
Wood spoiler ... 1 1 1 5 4 1 5 1 3 1 1 5 29
duncanh .......... 1 1 4 1 5 3 4 1 1 / 4 3 28

And Wow how close was it for the top 3 places =D>

I would like to congratulate everyone who entered the challenge and thank them for taking part , it make my time spent running this worthwhile

I can see from previous comments that you have all enjoyed the 12 challenges

Hopefully the 2012 year will be as good if not better than 2011

I wish you all a happy new year

Allen

Congratulations to the winners and all those who took part. Viewing the entries each month has given me the enthusiasm to enter the competition for 2012 ( I had only just started turning when the 2011 comp opened).

I think Blister and all the judges deserve a hearty round of applause for all the hard work they have put in during 2011 ( and for volunteering to do it all again in 2012).

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Mike

I think Blister and all the judges deserve a hearty round of applause for all the hard work they have put in during 2011 ( and for volunteering to do it all again in 2012).

+1 !

Blister":1i1xia6z said:

A little closer than you think - I'm missing a point for October so there was a tie for 2nd place :D

=D> =D>
congrats to the winners of the year. well done to yous

and to everyone who took part.
a whole harted clap and cheer to blister and all involved
:eek:ccasion5:
happy new year everyone

duncanh":2juago6d said:
Blister":2juago6d said:

A little closer than you think - I'm missing a point for October so there was a tie for 2nd place :D

Opps !

Sorry Duncan

Thats the problem with having 2 scorekeepers drop out last year

Well done then 1st and joint second , Good job there was no second place award or I would have needed to cut it in half :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

congrats to the winners of the year and to everyone who took part

I am sorry but I have to give up my hobby woodturning is it is to do with my illness

RATWOOD":367z899m said:
I am sorry but I have to give up my hobby woodturning .....
Sorry to here you have had to ease off the turning Chris, keep the chin up mate.

Well, it seems I`ve amassed the most points, by a whisker. I`m both pleased and amazed!
The real satisfaction, though, has come from committing to entering each month, often something I`d never made before, and getting it finished on time. By nature, I tend to leave everything to the last minute, so I especially admire those who announce days (or even weeks) before the closing date, that their`s is done and dusted! :mrgreen:
I looked forward each month to seeing everyone`s entries and the individual interpretations of each month`s subject.
Sometimes, the challenges have meant, instead of settling down in front of the telly, going out to the shed and getting stuck in.That`s gotta be good for you, regardless of the result!
I think everyone who has stayed the course deserves a special pat on the back. Thanks again to Blister, Chas and the scorekeepers for keeping it all on track and making it happen. =D>

Ian

RATWOOD":1md3zh7g said:

I am sorry but I have to give up my hobby woodturning is it is to do with my illness

Sorry to hear this. it's hurts deeply when you have to give something that you love up.
Kind regard and best wishes

RATWOOD":n78mvgiv said:

Hello Chris

O dear , sorry to here the news :(

Do you want me to leave you in the 2012 challenge or remove ?

Hope to here from you soon

Congratulations to everyone involved and especially Blister for the work involved in running what has been a very successful competition.

I have been watching this all year and have looked forward to the reveal each moth to see what has been turned and I have not been disappointed yet with the scope and quality of the work produced. It is interesting to compare everyone's work as the year has progressed and see the improvements, I think the top 3 this year will have to work very hard to maintain those positions for next year.

Once again well done everyone and I look forward to seeing what is produced this year.

john

RATWOOD":1a3s77xy said:

Chris, so sorry to hear this, but needs be. Come on here as much as you can and share your views on the pieces shown, look fwd. to hearing your views, God Bless, Best Wishes.

The Postie brought this today

:D :D :D

Ian

trophy.jpg

Attachments

• trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 475
Back