Its been a while....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Covid wasn't kind and my dream workshop fell to pieces. Took many years to get it how i wanted but covid knocked the poop out or normal jobs from happening. Took a job of employment for the last 15 months which paid the bills etc. Looking forward to seeing your guys/gals projects. Is Devonwoody still posting? I admired him carrying on keeping himself busy.
Cheers Coley

Hi everyone. Covid wasn't kind and my dream workshop fell to pieces. Took many years to get it how i wanted but covid knocked the poop out or normal jobs from happening. Took a job of employment for the last 15 months which paid the bills etc. Looking forward to seeing your guys/gals projects. Is Devonwoody still posting? I admired him carrying on keeping himself busy.
Cheers Coley
Unfortunately covid has not been kind to thousands of us , as for your workshop things that fall apart can be rebuilt or restarted as and when your able to .

Unfortunately covid has not been kind to thousands of us , as for your workshop things that fall apart can be rebuilt or restarted as and when your able to .
It will never be the same though. I use to love making things outside of work hours just because everything was in place and the only limitation was my imagination. I've now got a partially built 7m x 2m shed with everything crammed in and its a ball ache just to physically be able to leap over stuff to get in there

It will never be the same though. I use to love making things outside of work hours just because everything was in place and the only limitation was my imagination. I've now got a partially built 7m x 2m shed with everything crammed in and its a ball ache just to physically be able to leap over stuff to get in there
I don’t know your story or know you personally but I’ve suffered immense stress and anxiety over the last 2 years for a number of personal reasons , bereavements and I’ve had to leave my job as a result. I joined this forum to gain help and tips and advice from the members and also to help others in return. It’s helping me to recover and also gives me a feel good factor that I’m engaging in something other than the issues that surround my life atm . My workshop is a 3m x 3 m converted bedroom and it’s ok for my needs . Everything is designed to be compact and every inch of space is used . I have a 14” bandsaw and a old but solid router table and my t/s and planer are portable. I’d love a full sized t/saw and planer thicknesser and a lathe but it’s just not possible. But with a lot of planning and plenty of compromise and that unlimited imagination you mentioned you will be surprised what you can achieve. Don’t look back look forward-and I hope you find your way to better times ..

Cheers Coley

devonwoody
Established Member · From Paignton Devon
Joined 11 Apr 2004
Last seen 25 May 2021

Good to see you back and posting.

I hope you can make use of the longer days and dry weather. Having to climb over everything and move a tone of stuff just to get in is a pain and it gets you down. Try and chip away at it. Sometimes it doesn't take much to get the ball rolling. Clear a day from the calendar and set an early alarm. Be outside and emptying stuff early on and be ready with the powertools plugged in at a reasonable time that won't upset your neighbours!! If you can clear a bit of space or make it so you can get in the shed easier then it will start you off.

I don’t know your story or know you personally but I’ve suffered immense stress and anxiety over the last 2 years for a number of personal reasons , bereavements and I’ve had to leave my job as a result. I joined this forum to gain help and tips and advice from the members and also to help others in return. It’s helping me to recover and also gives me a feel good factor that I’m engaging in something other than the issues that surround my life atm . My workshop is a 3m x 3 m converted bedroom and it’s ok for my needs . Everything is designed to be compact and every inch of space is used . I have a 14” bandsaw and a old but solid router table and my t/s and planer are portable. I’d love a full sized t/saw and planer thicknesser and a lathe but it’s just not possible. But with a lot of planning and plenty of compromise and that unlimited imagination you mentioned you will be surprised what you can achieve. Don’t look back look forward-and I hope you find your way to better times ..
Totaly agree with you 100% I have gone from 3, 4mt x 3mt cellar rooms to a one garage 7mt x3mt all machines on wheels and i know i will make it work just need to plan ahead and maximise the space love a challenge .Stay safe Bingy man Respect

Do you have room to build a wider shed?

3.6m perhaps?

2m would be pain not enough room to swing a cat (other pets are available..!)

Back