It's all about making things.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ay caramba! :shock: I thought BugBear was bad enough revealing a worrying knowledge of machine stiching types but this is too much. :shock: Keith, I congratulate you - and your SIL - for such confidence. :D I can just about thread a needle, if forced at gunpoint. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

I put my hands up to operating a sewing machine for a few months. We used to run quilts through it, five hundred needles all hand threaded, with huge rolls of nylon cloth and wadding. Plus before I forget it static discharge that really lit up your eyes if you forgot to ground yourself constantly :shock: :shock: :shock:

Drew

See we are all coming out now :D

This dress was incredibly difficult, it is actually 3 dresses each made in a see through fabric, but when the the 3 are made into one they become opaque; it makes woodworking look easy.

Alf I must admit that I had done some sewing previously. I got ME when I was 30 and when I tired of making plastic models for my nephew found I could sew. I have even made myself a suit but other than this dress not made anything for years.

And you're right Chris I was offered £1000 to make another dress, but seeing young women in their underwear is definitely not good for me at my age, so I refused. :roll:

Keith

Back