It's a long way to go

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Andy, you were saying... :roll: I dunno, all this one day junk in pyjamas seems to have caused them all to forget how to play the proper game. And if anyone'd like to remind me what the Aussies said after the Rugby about England being a one-man team I'd like to return the comments vis-a-vis Mr McGrath. ](*,)

On the Ashes Rollercoaster and feeling a trifle dizzy, Alf :(

I know. Did you hear Boycott suggesting it was time for 4 day tests? At this rate 3 days seems optimistic.
Anyway I did enjoy seeing their batsmen getting roughed up.

Andy

dedee":2o1siqy3 said:
I know. Did you hear Boycott suggesting it was time for 4 day tests?
'Fraid my automatic boredom filter kicks in whenever Geoffrey's at the mike. :wink: Surely it's rather more to the point to cut back on the one day stuff? It's getting ridiculous.

At this rate 3 days seems optimistic.
I didn't think my prediction earlier this year about the length of England's innings was going to be quite so close to the mark, I must say. They'll have time to bring back the sixth test...

Anyway I did enjoy seeing their batsmen getting roughed up.
It's an unworthy thing, but yes, so did I :twisted:

Oh well, another day, another rollercoaster ride.

Cheers, Alf

Maybe I'm a masochist but where are the evening high (low :cry: ) lights? C4 shows it all day which is when I'm too busy to watch and then nothing in the evening.

I can't listen on the radio because it makes me go back into the house and turn the TV on!!

Cheers
Tim

00.35am, I think, Tim. Frankly C4's highlights are so poor as to be hopeless usually, but with this match I don't think there's much danger of missing any fine nuances of play 'cos there aren't any. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Tim, there were highlights on C4 at 7.30 last night. Only about 15 mins of cricket but nice close ups of the bruise on Langer's elbow and the cut on Pontings face - made the day worth while.
Andy

I think the highlights issue is another of those TV rights things - Sky sports are supposed to have a long highlights program just after the days play. I'll be home in time to watch it tonight, but by the sound of it they will be showing the match wrapping up!

So d'you think it's too soon to be cautiously optimistic? Just how well can the Aussie tail wag? [-o< My lucky brother had a ticket for today; too bad it was such a dull day's play really... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Bit too close for comfort, wasn't it. 8-[ But all credit to the Aussie tail for their fighting spirit. =D>

Certainly on of the best test matches I have ever watched, and I've seen a few.

And, for me, one of the most memorable sporting moments I have ever seen - Freddie's reaction at the end. =D> =D>

Cheers,

Trev.

Yep real edge of the seat stuff, I had a lump in my throat for that last hour.

Still a long way to go though.

Andy

Ach, they got away with it. ](*,) I can't watch cricket any more; it's far too stressful. :roll:

Cheers, A Nervous Wreck

Alf":2jyhh9ob said:
Ach, they got away with it. ](*,) I can't watch cricket any more; it's far too stressful. :roll:

Cheers, A Nervous Wreck
Just swap the ](*,) for =D> \:D/ :eek:ccasion5: It's still too stressful. :shock: Roll on The Oval.

Cheers, Alf

I was supposed to be finishing off a job today (in the workshop) but had to keep rushing back to see the replays after hearing the action on the radio. I gave up in the end and watched it all. Bit my nails off.

Apart from the great final outcome,what I'm really enjoying about this series is the way that everyone playing really seems to be having a great time and there appears to be a lot of good humour and mutual respect. Not often seen on sports fields these days.

Cheers

Tim

Back