Quantcast

Item location in sales ads

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Turnr77

Established Member
Reaction score
Any chance we could have a rule that the item's location is stated in sales ad titles?

I constantly see items I may be interested in with no location in the title, read the item listing, no location there either, then have to check sellers profile in the hope that they have listed a location there. It's very frustrating especially to then find they're miles away.

Just needs to be e.g "Startrite bandsaw, Bristol"

Another unrelated forum I visit remove sales ads without location in title, or with no photos of the actual item for sale.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Turnr77":333frpix said:
Any chance we could have a rule that the item's location is stated in sales ad titles?

I constantly see items I may be interested in with no location in the title, read the item listing, no location there either, then have to check sellers profile in the hope that they have listed a location there. It's very frustrating especially to then find they're miles away.

Just needs to be e.g "Startrite bandsaw, Bristol"

Another unrelated forum I visit remove sales ads without location in title, or with no photos of the actual item for sale.
Good idea, makes good sense.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that it makes sense for machinery etc that the buyer will want to collect, especially now that our locations aren't as visible as they were.
But it needs common sense too - for small items which the seller will post, location is much less important.

SammyQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Compromise? If location is in title, it means seller is unable to post and a pickup is essential. No location, item is postable.

Sam, also highly irritated at having to chase around to find sellers locations.

Phil Pascoe

occasional purveyor of blunt tools.
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood the reluctance to show some sort of locality (or why it doesn't now show, as before) as besides being useful in for sales or wanteds it can make many conversations redundant - countless times I've seen replies (that knowing where the OP is) are quite irrelevant. We don't need to know precisely, but a general idea is good.

marcros

(Trevanion)+1
Reaction score
I don't think it is a problem as such, it just used to be more obvious in the profile. No doubt some would object but it is a rule within the selling forum.