• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

iTech 12" spiral head planer thicknesser 240 volt 1 year old WITHDRAWN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Kitchener

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought this from new from Scott and Sargent about a year ago, and have used it only very occasionally since, and not at all for several months (change of direction).

Anyone who has used a planer with the spiral head and TC blades would I imagine not consider going back to the old straight HSS blades for a multitude of reasons- much better finish, less noise, easier to handle waste, blades that seem to last forever and if/when they get dulled can be turned three times for new edges, and no tedious setting of blade heights required.

The tables are countersprung and lift off together for thicknessing. There's an accurate (to 1/10mm)digital thicknessing height gauge which can be recalibrated if necessary.

It's still on the trimmed down delivery pallet so I could get it loaded onto your vehicle with a forklift. It's very heavy, is better slid than lifted (and the sliding isn't easy, ask me how I know).

£2,000 cash or bank transfer on collection

Attachments

• planer.jpg
    planer.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 474
  • planer 1.jpg
    planer 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 473
  • planer 2.jpg
    planer 2.jpg
    916.5 KB · Views: 472
  • planer 3.jpg
    planer 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 471
Last edited:
I should add that I'm in the HP22 post code area and that intending buyers can come daytime or weekends/evenings by arrangement.

Just had an email from somebody who was confusing my machine with the current iTech 260 spiral planer. The machine I have for sale is quite a bit bigger than that, the nearest one on the Scott and Sargent website is the 300c, although there are some differences, mine has longer planing tables for instance.

Back