It Found its Way Here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
After a lot of dithering over the last few weeks I eventually went for the 12" Xcalibar and got a really good deal on it. I didn't realise that is was so big. Good job the lorry driver had all the equipment for unloading.

Xcalibar-001.jpg

Gentle move in to the drive and its ready for unpacking.
After removing the boxes on the side that contain the rails and fence, it was down to taking the sides off the wooden box, a crow bar came in handy for this.

Xcalibar-002.jpg

The first thing you see is the two cast iron 10" extension tables that aatch to either side of the main table, not light weight either.

Xcalibar-004.jpg

The two rails, fence and all the other bits are laid out on the bench, it was nice to see that a tool kit in a box came with the saw.
Xcalibar-007.jpg

Xcalibar-005.jpg

There was no way I was going to get this into the workshopon my own, I had to call on Martin King to give me a hand and as you can see we rolled it in on copper piping. It will have to leave it now because I'm off on Hol's tomorrow.

Xcalibar-006.jpg

My excitement was soon dashed when after I had taken the sides off the box I noticed that the handwheel for the tilting was broken and also there were no blades with the saw.
Xcalibar-003.jpg

This resulted in a quick phone call to Woodford who opologised and wanted to know whether I wanted a new saw sending or jus a new handwheel. Not wanting to pack it all up againI settled for a new handwheel which should arrive when I get back.

Regarding the balde we had already agreed that an extra couple would be thrown in as part of the original deal, they now agree to throw I a couple more.

So I guess I'll come out on top.

My first impressions are "what a wonderfull piece of kit"

When I start putting it together I'll give more details and maybe Philly and I can do a comparison between the 10" and 12".

waka the 4th picy down is blank canna see anything . :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi Waka

I bet you'll have some fun with that when it's all set up. What a lovely saw.

Gill

Someone's really been taking lessons from Philly, eh...? ](*,) :lol: I wonder, will the copper pipe be flat by the time you get back? :shock: C'est magnifique, but how you can bear to go on holiday now is beyond me. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Broken handwheels are very fashionable at the moment; the one on the Maxi's just gone too. :(

That is a nice piece of machinery, that will give you a lot of nice cuts - (and bruises to put it in place :p )

And on the issue of the broken handwheel, well mine was broken too (PKF255), so must be a lucky sign :wink:

McLuma

cambournepete":1kvauhlo said:
Good to see a picture of your street before I come to pick up the BTS3000 (sadly lacking in the piccies though :wink:).

Pete

Pete

Didn't think of taking a picture of your new saw, I was to engrossed is figuring out how the new one went together.
Anyway just to put your mind at rest I've just nipped out and taken a couple.

Xcalibar-008.jpg

Dion't worry about the gap near the fence, that closes up
Xcalibar-009.jpg

Alf":1kvauhlo said:
Someone's really been taking lessons from Philly, eh...?

Alf, I don't know what you mean :shock: :shock: :shock:

Chris":1kvauhlo said:
all those nice screwdirvers and chiels too!

Not mine honest guv :oops: :oops: :oops:

SP":1kvauhlo said:
Three weeks on a boat is a long time with that lump of iron sitting in the workshop back home.

SP, by taking HID's away allows me to buy a few extra little trinkets.

is it true woodford are so pleased with philly for selling all there saws that they are going to give him the 16" one as commission :D

Waca... that looks like it'll be a real sweet saw...

are they still limited to the 5/8" arbour..??

Lovely looking saw there Waka. Have fun on hols and try not to pine for it too much :wink:

Back