It could never happen...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Man in remote Far East location says to supplier...Hey...guess what...those guys over in Europe are paying huge amounts of money for 1/2" routers. Surely we can make something cheaper?

Supplier calls up his Chief Engineer and says...Hey..make me some 1/2" routers.

Chief Engineer asks his son... "Hey Son, how many millimetres in a 1/2"?"

Son replies " Oh, about 12".

The rest they say is history.

I love the car names that Far East manufacturers come up with-my favorite being a certain Mitsubushi...
"Lets make this one a bit of a muscle car, beat the Yankees at their own game?"
"Great-what shall we call it?"
"Well the Yankees have that Mustang, so lets go with the powerful horse theme!"
"No problem-I'll get it sorted!"
And what is this car named?
The Mitsubishi STARION :roll: :lol:
(I think they were after STALLION but something got lost with the accent..... :lol: :lol: )
Cheers
TrueStoryPhilly :D

Del says to Rodney, "'Ere, I've got these 12 gauge router things, 'ow much dew reckon they'll go for?"

Rodney, " You plonker Del, thos are 12 mm routers, not shotguns but people rarnd 'ere know nuffink abart mm so we'll call 'em arf an inch -it's near enuff and they won't know any diffrent!"

Del, "£50 - you know it makes sense"

Chiba
Nice one!
and Chris-that was a scarily good "Fools and Horses" impersonation! You do anyone else?? :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D
(Not to be mistaken for a filly :wink: )

Do Toyata still refer to the sliding roof in their cars as Moon Roofs?

They did about 10 years ago in the Carina owners guide.

Andy

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, as it happens to be true.

I know someone who was a missionary somewhere in Zambia. One day, a new nurse arrived. When they asked her name, there were sniggers behind hands, and, rather embarassed, they asked if there was another name she used. They settled on the very spiritual name Joyful.

I dont think the people could cope with having a missionary called Bonk.

Cheers
Steve

Then of course there is the famous Toyota MR2 or Emm Air Deux as the French would call it
and the Fiat Pinto 'small parts' in certain languages.

T

Steve
years ago my aunt and uncle were working out at the copper mines in Zambia. My aunt was a matron in the clinic and came into contact with the the local workers and their families. They believed that giving a strong name to a child would make them grow strong in life, unfortunately for one couple they didn't quite grasp hte idea and named their two sons Hitler and Mussolini.

Drew

Back