Issues with calls from gumtree

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissGerman

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with spam calls and scammers after posting on gumtree? :| I've been using it to sell a few old projects to make space and where I've put my phone number on it I am getting tons of spam calls now. Really irritating, I think gumtree is great, better than ebay to sell on, but just this one issue :/ Tried posting without my phone number on there but generally get less interest then. Ran a few of the numbers that have rung through this website I use and lots of comments on there saying its spam or that theyve been rung after putting their number in Gumtree. Not really sure on a way to stop it, I doubt gumtree can do much to stop it.

Basically what you have done is post your number on a public forum. So anyone can see it.

It's no more gumtree's problem than it would be the old yellow pages'.

Your best bet is to have a phone that allows you to block calls. Each time you get a scam call you block the number that called and then if that number calls again it wont get through. That dropped my scam call rate by about 80% over the course of a few weeks.

What is missing is a robust international legal system coupled with more scrutiny from the telephone companies.

Back