Issue with getting Record AC400

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrspach

Established Member
Reaction score
Warning this is a bit of grumpy old bloke thread.
One could say this is a simple task to get one of those dust filters. So I went to my local Machinemart as I am trying to support local shops. I the shop I was informed that they have not one in this particular branch but they will deliver it to my house FOC within 7 days. So far so good. A week later still nothing. Called the shop and helpful shop assistant apologised and promised to call me back with an answer shortly. A bit later received the promised answer which was Sorry but Record supplier is out of stock at least until the end of October. I have explained that at the time of the order I was not informed that they have not the machine in stock of the whole company. The reply was that they have placed the order with Record and apparently got confirmation that it would be delivered but after calling them now this is not happening as there is none in their stock.
Interesting how business works in these days.
I have to say That they have offered me to keep my order open which I politely declined and had to drive to the shop again to get my refund as nature of my job is that before they maybe deliver it I could be long time dead.
My recommendation is watch out and stay safe.

you could try Axminster? they are also out of stock but they are pretty good and getting stuff back in and it's free delivery. their craft model is identical to the ac400 and its pretty good, clears up my garage pretty quickly.

give stiles and bates a try ordered a camvac with them last week had it within 3 days they are RP stockists the website says they carry stock , ian

Axminster is also out of stock for at least further 2 weeks.
Stiles and Bates out of stock.
And my job does not look like (most of the time doing admin from home)but when the proverbial happens and and most people running away from the job I and my colleagues still have to push on and do the job.

Just was unlucky.

Back