Isotunes or other Bluetooth ear protection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchhounds

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone any experience with Isotunes? Theres mixed reviews. Any other recommendations for hearing protection with BT capability?

For reasons unimportant I've got the isotunes in ear as well as the cans. Both work well, and each has certain advantages/drawbacks.

The head band on the cans is uncomfortable compared with my 3M Peltors. Some days the buds won't seat well. I like the flexibility of having a choice depending on my task. The battery life is pretty good.

Agree, sometimes it's hard to get the buds to sit well when using the isotunes in ears.
Isolation is good when you do get them to fit.
Handy if you need ear pro while wearing e.g. a face shield for grinding or a long session in an air fed mask
Sound quality is pretty good.
Minimum volume is actually higher than I'd like it to be so they are too loud for alternative use at night as a way not to disturb a significant other.

I own two pairs of isotunes ear buds.

I have the original 1.0 Isotunes Extra which hang around the neck and click together with magnets.
Also, I have the other over-the-ear type Isotunes Pro ear buds.

I personally didn't like the over-the-ear type as they are heavier and they just felt odd.

I've gone back to the original isotunes extra - excellent in ear buds.
They do give excellent ear protection and you can listen to podcasts/music while working as well as take a call when needed.

One thing I really like about isotunes is that they all come with 3 or 4 different size buds for you to get the perfect fit.
I use 2 different sizes on the same headset. My left ear hole is slightly larger than my right - so I was able to mix and match to get a fit that works for me 👍

When I'm doing really noisy work like grinding, I pop a pair of traditional ear defenders over the top of my ear buds and double down on my protection 😉

Sadly I have tinnitus in one ear and I will do anything to not get it in my other ear.

Protect yourself before you have to.

I have 2 pairs of the Big over ear orange ones and a Pair of the small Wireless Ear bud ones.

The over ear ones I find had to wear all day as my ears a touch big for them and they just dont sit right but they work very well and I do normally find myself using them over the buds.

The buds are fantastic when you get them fitted right which if youre used to the memory foam compressible type earplugs isnt too hard to do just a bit fiddly initially.

Sound quality to listen to the radio is perfectly good. I'm sure they could be better but more than acceptable when youve got other machinery going. in the background.

Back