ISOtunes - Earprotection with bluetooth for music and phone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen some good reviews for these in the US, but I can't seem to find a UK supplier for them.

https://isotunesaudio.com/products/isotunes-pro

I already have some of the over ear protectors with a radio and aux jack cable (from Rutlands), but they can sometimes be a pain and get in the way, especially when wearing a dust mask and glasses or a respirator. Has anyone else used the ISOtunes Pro? If so, how do you likethem, and where did you get them from?

I would rather not ship them from the US if there is already a UK supplier if I can help it.

They don't seem to have a UK distributor, that said it will most likely be cheaper to get them shipped from the US. USPS Flat Rate box is about $20USD.

I have ordered loads from the US over the years and never had a problem.

Peltor do some brilliant bluetooth ear defenders which are very comfortable. I sometimes wear them for 8-10 hours a day with glasses whilst refereeing clay shooting competitions.

Jon.

As do I. Didn't pay that though, ordered them direct from the isotunes audio website with an introductory $10 discount, so all in including delivery it was $101, so £77. Not sure of the import tax and other charges though. Might seem a lot, but as a bit of an audiophile I hope it'll be worth it for both protection and quality of sound

Hi Peter, i’ve been using them for a while now and I can highly recommend them.

They block/dampen all machine noise just the right amount. They work great with phonecalls, even blocking out machine noise for the person that called/you phoned. The battery life is great, something like 8hrs constant use. I’ve got them connected to an iPhone and it shows the battery life on your phone. They are very comfortable to wear for periods of a few hrs use (maybe not 8hrs non-stop), and best of all are inconspicuous enough to comfortably wear a dust mask and safety glasses (where I can’t comfortably when wearing the ‘traditional’ ear defenders) and can also wear them with my Trend AirShield Pro respirator too.

I couldn't find them for sale in the UK, so I ordered mine directly from the company in the states. Even though it cost something like $100 including delivery, after the import tax etc it amounted to about £100, but for me was worth every penny.

Peter Sefton":5w5z677y said:
Thanks for the update, they do sound good. I like the fact that they are small and don't get in the way also good for hot summer days (he says dreaming) so not to over heat you.

Cheers Peter

Exactly! I've used in-ear headphones in the gym in the past, and when sweating they can loosen from your ear which is a pain, but with the isotunes the buds are longer than what i've had in the past so dont slip out so much. If you're not used to in-ear heaphones though it may take some getting used to, but once you are used to them they are great.

Just a quick update to this thread.

I've also been investigating these amazing looking earphones and have just been redirected to ISOtunes UK Site...

... I don't have permission to post the link, but just go to the main ISOtunes site, click on a product (e.g. earphones) and you'll be offered a redirect link.

Looks like these will be going on my Christmas list :D

I was only looking at this thread a few days ago and was considering these from the "UK Store".

I think this store is simply something that converts dollars to pounds (happy to be proven wrong). If these are shipped from the US then you can expect to pay import tax and duties.
From the terms and conditions on the ISOTunes site

"Do you ship internationally?

Yes, we ship to almost every country around the world. Please note: Orders shipped outside of the U.S. are subject to regular customs duties and fees levied by the destination country."

I ordered some only three weeks ago from WoodWorkersWorkshop and they were delivered immediately from UK stock. I've just checked and the same website now lists them as pre-order, so they may just be out of stock. There is a note on the page that says you can call them to check availability, so that might be a useful place to check.

Sleepy":3etrlt0y said:
I ordered some only three weeks ago from WoodWorkersWorkshop and they were delivered immediately from UK stock. I've just checked and the same website now lists them as pre-order, so they may just be out of stock. There is a note on the page that says you can call them to check availability, so that might be a useful place to check.

We sold out very quickly and I have a current order in for more, I am in the US at present and will be catching up with ISOtunes over the next couple of days at IWF Atlanta.

Cheers Peter

I was wondering has anyone had tried this whilst riding a motorcycle? I currently use foam ones (EarsSoft FX) which have an SNR of 39 - these might cure 2 problems for me in one go.

I bought a pair of the ISOTunes Pro this week from Woodworkers Workshop.

I got great service from Jim with advice on when the product was back in stock etc. Delivery was a bit quicker than I anticipated, so had to nip and pick them up from the courier this morning.

I wasn't sure whether these were active noise cancellation or noise isolation - they are the latter i believe.

They are very comfortable to wear, with varying sizes of ear bud supplied too. I seem to get a little bit of tinnitus type noise when i wear this type of earphone, but these seem to be fine. It took a couple of adjustments to find the most comfortable way of wearing the wire around the neck, but ultimately it fit well. The memory wires around the ears are also very well designed / though out.

Sound wise, i believe these are better than any other pair of ear buds I've owned. Always bought the cheaper end of the market before though. However, SQ wise I would say they are only slightly less than the Bose QC35's I have. Plenty of clarity and bass.

Bluetooth range was fine in the workshop, and started giving out at about 6-7 metres. But given phone they will be connected to will be in my pocket about 1m away, this isn;t an issue for me.

Noise reduction was pretty good too. Easily as good as the Moldex earplugs i usually use if not better. Used with the router table for about 45 minutes (on and off) this morning and it was certainly quieter than before.

So on the whole, great service from Woodworkers Workshop, and a pretty good product so far.

I wish I could listen to music or other things while in the workshop but I can't concentrate with any distraction not even background radio I can only concentrate in complete silence ( crazy really) as I love music

Back