is this sad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim1950

Established Member
Reaction score
just been on a 4 week driving tour of scotland (nc500 plus) the thing I missed most was my lathe and just turning for fun when I had time, is that sad??

Yep. :giggle:

A couple of years ago on a caravan site in Moffat there was a turner with a little Jet lathe mounted on a B&D workmate sitting outside his awning happily turning tea light holders.
I doubt my wife would allow my to do that, she just about tolerates my golf clubs and fishing rods.

I was gonna say it would have been sadder if you’d taken your lathe with you but after reading Bobs post I’m not so sure :unsure:

I once saw an Austrian lady of indeterminate years next to her enormous camper van, peddling away on a stationary exercise bike. Why she didn't want a real bicycle still baffles me.

it's easyer now as I'm older and enjoy the rest.....
but after 1 week of sitting on ur bum I used to wonder off to boat yard and help out.....

yeah yeah quite sad.....what about a cycle power'd lathe.......hahaha

as for the Austrian lady, prob realised it's safer on one of those than when u've been drinking....lol

Back