Is this Possible....Another Box Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unfortunately when breaking off the remaining lip on the box,

Bin there! Now I cut/route right through. If you can afford the loss in depth re-route passing the box vertically between fence and cutter, watch the direction of feed!

Roy.

Digit":2n8ekgd6 said:
unfortunately when breaking off the remaining lip on the box,

Bin there! Now I cut/route right through. If you can afford the loss in depth re-route passing the box vertically between fence and cutter, watch the direction of feed!

Roy.

Im not too sure what you mean Roy...sorry to sound thick #-o

No you're not thick Dave, someone familiar with a task is one ofen the worst at explaining, try telling someone how to tie a tie!
Let us assume that box lid/base, which ever, is 50 mm deep, give or take. Move the fence back 50+mm and pass the lid/base between cutter and fence.
That way the damaged area will be removed and the depths will be the same on all four sides.

Roy.

Digit":779pdyyc said:
No you're not thick Dave, someone familiar with a task is one ofen the worst at explaining, try telling someone how to tie a tie!
Let us assume that box lid/base, which ever, is 50 mm deep, give or take. Move the fence back 50+mm and pass the lid/base between cutter and fence.
That way the damaged area will be removed and the depths will be the same on all four sides.

Roy.

Right now I see , cheers Roy will give it a go, to be fair prior to the mishap I was of the opinion the box was a bit too high so it will stand a slight reduction I think .

thanks again

Dave

Whoa Dave!
First thing. With normal use on a table you pass the work from right to left. As you will be on the opposite side of the cutter to normal the job must be fed from the opposite direction!
Get it wrong and the job will make a hole in your workshop wall!
Set the cutter height to just greater than the thickness of the box side so that it cleans the full thickness, then take very light cuts. Breakout on the trailing edge is possible, clamping a sacrificial piece to the trailing edge will prevent that.
Either make a guard to cover the cutter or keep you digits well out of the way!

Roy.

Digit":1vjt2ng6 said:
Whoa Dave!
First thing. With normal use on a table you pass the work from right to left. As you will be on the opposite side of the cutter to normal the job must be fed from the opposite direction!
Get it wrong and the job will make a hole in your workshop wall!
Set the cutter height to just greater than the thickness of the box side so that it cleans the full thickness, then take very light cuts. Breakout on the trailing edge is possible, clamping a sacrificial piece to the trailing edge will prevent that.
Either make a guard to cover the cutter or keep you digits well out of the way!

Roy.

OK Roy , got that,and here was me thinking the noble art of boxmaking was a peaceful type of activity with no stress :D :D

You think you've got problems?
I've spent 9 months, off and on, rebuilding a motor bike, today, when I ran the engine for the first time I find that the oil warning light flickers and only stays out above 3000rpm! :cry:

Roy.

Digit":17zecwd7 said:
You think you've got problems?
I've spent 9 months, off and on, rebuilding a motor bike, today, when I ran the engine for the first time I find that the oil warning light flickers and only stays out above 3000rpm! :cry:

Roy.

All sorted Roy and I still have all mi fingers and thumbs,,plus a nice flat and level box =D>

many thanks

Dave

Latest posts

Back