• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Is this mushroom edible?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

ossieosborne

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2011
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Location
Northborough, Cambs
I don't eat mushrooms anymore. :cry: They are high purine foods and therefore not too good for people who suffer from gout (ouch!).

Oz
 

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Joined
19 Mar 2007
Messages
5,181
Reaction score
203
Location
Ex nr Carcassonne, France. Now Corston Malmesbury
I used to have a high uric acid level and I have been taking Alopurinol200 for a few years noe. Uric acid is normal and fungi are lovely!!

The French eat loads of different types, ceps are highly prized and soon will be plentyful. Loads more I don't recognise. One of our friend/neighbours gives us some that she has collected quite frequently. Lovely stuff!!
 
Top