Is this asbestos?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The alternative is not testing it. Buy and use some appropriate PPE, assuming it is asbestos and dispose of it accordingly.

I did this with my garage roof. I was unsure whether it was or wasn't asbestos. Even with a test certificate showing it was not asbestos the local tip would have charged me for disposal of rubble and I think that they would have been difficult with accepting it. The other local tip didn't charge for disposal of asbestos as long as it was double bagged. The cost saved on the test bought the bags and the PPE.

Hope I'm not de-railing this thread Dw27, I can try delete my post should it be of annoyance.
As I get one could be real worried about this kind of thing.
Apologies in advance if so.
........................................................................... .

I was thinking it its the same deal for roof tiles.
I see these all the time, going nearly for free on local ads.

Are these still being sold, or are they off the market as they are dangerous?
Seem's some of the northern European countries aren't phased about asbestos.
Regardless of that, it is all very confusing,
It it true even regular slates can have the stuff in them aswell?

Around here ( south devon ) the waste companies now refuse to take all man made slates in case it has asbestos, which would leave you with either getting it tested and taken by someone ekse, or treating it as asbestos..... im guessing there's big fines for them if they have asbestos which isnt properly handled, double bagged etc

Back