Is this also a water separator?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrbff

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to try my hand at spraying but my compressor is always spitting out water, even though I regularly empty it.
I bought this back in 2007 as part of a job lot but I'm not sure if it as well as being a regulator it ill work as a water separator.
I have tried numerous routes to ask Hoerbigier but I'm none the wiser.

hoerbiger.jpg

As Spectris says you really want two stage, separator and a drier. Does depend to some extent on the paint you are using. Cellulose will bloom like mad in the presence of any moisture, synthetics are not so sensitive. Just always make sure you drain the compressor tank after use, and I know it sounds obvious but make sure it's set up so the drain is actually at the lowest point. A friend couldn't understand why he kept getting water in the line despite draining it regularly. Turned out it just wasn't level so the drain was actually higher than the far end of the tank. When we levelled it up about a mugful of rather rusty looking water poured out! Also if you have air tools that use an oiled feed don't use the same hose for spraying.

You’ll want at least 3 moisture traps...
depending on the size of your compressor, if your just running the gun (no air fed mask, other air tools) you may get away without a dryer...at least until the compressor has been running a while and gets hot...

Back