Is this a wind up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is selling lots of other stuff but if he finds a buyer at that price I will eat my own shavings

Jonzjob":2sr8zke6 said:
Even you Gordon could make a better box and finial than that :evil:

You are too kind :lol:

Another similar piece for the same price. I too am a little underpriced. I wonder how much it costs to move to the States. Not many of those I suspect except they wouldn't let me in - I have a beard.

gnu":7iihab8m said:
He is selling lots of other stuff but if he finds a buyer at that price I will eat my own shavings

Looking at his completed listings there's only about a dozen lower price things sold and one expensive coin. Though he does seem to get good prices for some pens!

to be fair, and i quote...
'This pen resembles one of the world's most expensive writing instruments.' :!:
.... in that it is a pen :shock:

i'm off to the shed to resemble one of the worlds best turners :mrgreen:

The fusion style involved is beyond ugly, in my humble opinion. Looks like someone had a few drinks and went to work in a gift shop with a tube of superglue.

However, to be fair, they are clearly supposed to be 'art' rather than craft. And compared to what people pay for Tracey emin or Damien Hurst to knock up a piece of worthless hype... They represent a considerable bargain.

If it took the guy a week to put together... It seems almost reasonable - a decent turner should be worth 50k a year of anyone's money.

Latest posts

Back