Is this a UKworkshop virus?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
virusw.jpg

I am getting this screen message (or pop up) requesting me to click here to see content of file.

Is it just me getting this pop up here?

Naturally I have not obeyed this instruction until seeking advice.

DW,

I dont get that message on my PC. Of course that doesnt mean there is not a virus, just that your system spooted it and mine didnt. However, since I am at work with mega firewalls, virus checkers and bot spotters etc (I work in a Uni, some of those students will try and download anything!) I suspect it may be your system rather than a UKW specific virus.

I am only moderately au fait with computers though so am happy to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable than I. Its not a response to the pop up / advert at the top is it - did you change your settings or alter cookies etc lately?

Would probably also help to know whether its only that specific thread, or all threads, and whether if you log out then log in again whether its a repeatable problem

Hope you get it sorted soon,

Steve.

The only virus on UKworkshop that I have become aware of is the one that makes you spend money :D
Haven't seen the one that you have found DW
John

Devonwoody,

I was reading that particular thread just a short time ago, and received no messages. I haven't received any messages of that nature anywhere else either.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

ATB Gary.

Sorry, DW, no idea, but then I don't use IE any more anyway. I would think it's your set-up, not the forum's.

Cheers, Alf

My virus system (Trend pencillin) has not removed the above pop up.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of same, its a nuisiance takes up screen space.

I have dragged the screen to to bottom of monitor, but dont know how to proceed any further.

What do you get when you click for options.
You may have to alter IE security or change to defaults.

It should be ok i think its microsoft security in IE looking after you as if you did not have any other security installed.

Are you sure you got the alert while surfing UKW and not on the Tesco site?

The only thing it could be on UKW is the javascript dropdown menu. Is the menu at the top working for you with your current security settings?

I've tried to re-create the error but with no luck.

In IE, if you click on Tools - > Internet Options - > Security tab what's your security level for the internet?

Just had a thought (yeah I'll be careful) can you see the banner ad on the top right hand side? That also uses javascript...

Charley":3s8etom6 said:
I've tried to re-create the error but with no luck.

In IE, if you click on Tools - > Internet Options - > Security tab what's your security level for the internet?

Just had a thought (yeah I'll be careful) can you see the banner ad on the top right hand side? That also uses javascript...

yes I get the banners Chesnut and also had the construction flashing banner.

I/E security set at default.

Still haven't clicked the request of seeing options on pop up.

IE -tools-internet options,privacy -pop up blocker. should not be ticked as you have your own and this may cause a problem.

Devon,

The front page of ukworkshop - has this message

"Attention No-pop up Users!
The events & news sections uses pop-up windows.
Please ensure that you enable pop-up windows while surfing this site, we assure you that there will be no pop-up advertisement - only our content.."

Don't know if this has anything to do with anything but 10 min prior to this posting, my spyware caught a cookie used for "tracking". This is before I opened any section of the forum.

PS I challenge anyone to know less than I do about computers, spyware and other internet stuff. :evil:

PSS Hey Adam.
thats a good looking tractor that you have. I believe that I may have have the twin sister to it.

Travis

Hi Travis,

The cookie remembers your username and password so you don't have to keep signing in every time you visit the site :)

Hello Adam

I thought that it looked familiar. Mine is the Massey 135. It has the 3 cylinder Perkins Diesel engine and also power steering. A treat to drive. :D
Thanks for responding.

Travis

Latest posts

Back