Is there such a tool ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been cleaning up mortice holes for the past 2 days now and my mind has been wandering while boredom has set in . Is there a tool other than a chisel that helps the job along ? I was thinking a chisel squared on a carrier that clamps over the mortice hole and is spring loaded . I told you boredom had set in :lol:

isn't that a mortice machine???

could you not adapt a corner chisel to do what you want.

or make round corner mortices and use your router!!!!! :wink: :whistle:
paul

When im at collage and i have to do them by hand, it annoys me because I work about 2 foot away from a morticer :x :x

just thought i would share that lol

Ive already used the morticer but its the cheapest one record do :lol:
Clean up is around 1/2 hour per mortice including cutting the scribe for the ovolo mould and wedge slots . Would a better mortice machine give better results ? The mortices are 95mm deep so i dont think the router is a good idea and round mortices wont do as they are through mortices and will be on show and they need wedges as they are the other 4 doors for a boat . I have another 41 to clean up ! :shock:
Jez we all had to do that mate :wink: I often go back to my collage time when i come up against a problem .

sides , just need to take that rough edge of so the tennons go plop :D

What you need is a good, old fashioned mk1 Apprentice!!!!

Very rare these days apparently- none to be found on ebay at all. Best to advertise in your local paper!

defective isnt harsh enough :lol: As for the mortice holes i've made myself a sled that holds a plane blade at just the right hight to clean up the mortices , it works quite well :shock:

Back