is there a quiet shop vacuum cleaner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
i am fed up of buying omestic hooves to clean my shop up, spent £60 the other week on one that is now useless and need cleaning itself every 2 minutes, so is there a quiet cleaner out there as i dont like the noisy ones, wife will buy it for a chrissy present.. :lol:

Yes trend t30 is fairly quiet compared to henry and others. And has the useful in-line powertool feature switch, wossit called thing.

Racers":2ylt2v06 said:
Hi, Steve

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//SID ... IDNOTFOUND

I have the bigger one with power socket on and its very good and quite quiet, its lasted 3 years with out any problems.

Pete

+1 for this one, had mine about six weeks so far brilliant, Quiet- power start up- long cable and pipe -good range of tools.
They are having them in again from thursday not sure which size though but only fourty nine quid.
Berns

Steve the problem is you`re producing fine dust which when vacuumed up will block the filters of any vac.

Keep your cheap vac but get some sort of dust separater such as a cyclone, this will be easy to empty & will slow down considerably the dust getting through to you vac.

Cheers Mate.

Doug B is right. make a separation box like the Thein Separator and place it between the dust and your vac OR get a small cyclone from Chems on here.

You need to capture the fine dust before it hits the filters.

Al

Festool. Pricey but very quite ,speed control,power take of long hose.had mine 4 years never had to cleen the filter yet.great on fine dust.

505698.jpg

:lol:

Numatic NV750 is good. Quiet and uses a big bag which holds loads and does not seem to clog quickly - just give it a thump to shake loose if performance seems to drop a bit.

I'm a bit of a dust-o-phobe....! I hate the stuff.

I've had the Trend 30 for ages and when the auto switching failed I bought a Nilfisk and retired the Trend to table saw crown guard dust duty.

The Nilfisk has some nice features. Powertool take off of course. Variable speed which means you can run it quietly if just cleaning up. 2 stage filtering when used with a bag or can also be used with just the cartridge filter. But best of all is a button I call 'blowback'. Whilst running you can give the button a couple of prods and it blows the dust back through the filter. After a lot of fine dust work and loss of suction it really noticeably increases after you use the 'blowback'. Don't worry, it doesn't spew the dust back out.

It's not perfect. I'd like a bigger diameter hose at times and the bags are a bit pricey. it's my intention to overcome the bag issue by making a second stage filter cartridge sock and then collect the dust direct into the drum. I did this on my DX4000 to replace the second stage paper bag filters and it's worked very well.

Jon

i bought one from wickes in the sale cost me £35, its brilliant far quieter than the house vac, so far in 3 weeks its managed to deal with all the mess of me boarding our a loft, cutting an opening through lath & plaster ceilings for the loft hatch & cleaned years worth of ash & sot from 2 old fireplaces, several rounds of hoovering the cellar (handles small bits of rubble fine) & has been used as the dust extractor for my table saw... best £35 i have spent.

Back