• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Is the UKW search function working?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just spent ten minutes trying to find something* using the Advanced Search function, and each time, all I got was "no suitable match found". In the end, as a test, I searched for "bog oak" in thread titles only, searching all sub fora..........and yet it still produced "no suitable match found".

Is this operator error, somehow, or has the search function failed?

*an old thread I started many years ago on dovetails.

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nev.

Then it must be some setting on my computer, because I can't get it to produce any results for any search at all. How could this be?

LancsRick

Established Member
Reaction score
It can't be, the board search is entirely Web based. Does the link above not produce any results for you?

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
That link works fine, but any attempt......any attempt at all........ to use the Advanced Search function leads to failure.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
On my mac, using firefox, the whole of the blue bar at the top, beginning Home and ending Forums, doesn't work at all. No hyperlinks whatsoever, it's just non-clickable text. It's been like it it ever since the site was revamped about a year ago.
If I want to search the site I use Google:

what-I-want site:www.ukworkshop.co.uk

S

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Doug B":5n6t2qr6 said:
........Are you putting the full stop after your user name.........
That could well be it, Doug. Many thanks. I was pretty sure I clicked on my user name from a pop up. Maybe I didn't.

Thanks again..........and well spotted!

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve Maskery":13gcuyxr said:
On my mac, using firefox, the whole of the blue bar at the top, beginning Home and ending Forums, doesn't work at all. No hyperlinks whatsoever, it's just non-clickable text. It's been like it it ever since the site was revamped about a year ago.
If I want to search the site I use Google:

what-I-want site:www.ukworkshop.co.uk

S
Some of the bar Tabs need the underlying software re-written, therefore are mostly inoperable in any useful form.
However the Forum & Search functions are working, at least they do on all browsers I have tried on several PC's and several Android devices.
Either for basic Google search
or
Advanced version allowing several parameters.
search.jpg

Attachments

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
CHJ":3nwl9r3a said:
Some of the bar Tabs need the underlying software re-written, therefore are mostly inoperable in any useful form.
Ah, yes, I noticed that recently when using a PC and looking back at an old multi-page thread. The button at the foot of page 1 that should go to page 2 went to the UCP and those for pages 3 and 4 weren't clickable.

However, the matching set of buttons at the top do work. Maybe they could be cloned to fix the issue?

Latest posts