Is the Bosch GST 18 V-LI S jigsaw brushless?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex Barn Workshop

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
As thread title, I'm in the market for a new cordless jigsaw, this is within my budget (max £200) and I do love Bosch, I have several cordless tools in the pro range already so don't need to buy a charger and there is currently a free battery offer I can use.
I just can't see anywhere if it is indeed brushless or not. it doesn't seem so at its 2016 launch, but wondered if things have changed since then.
Also, I've never had or used a barrel grip jigsaw before, but do people agree that it seems the way forward?
Thanks

The spec page on screwfix website says it's brushed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-135545_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220625-135545_Samsung Internet.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 0
If you take it on the line above where it says Brand = Bosch then the line below says Brushless = Brushed which I will say is a little misleading.

If you look at the Bosch site they do not list a brushless Jigsaw and for brushless tools they talk about their BiTurbo range but again no jigsaw.

If you think that " Brushless" would be a selling feature then it would feature more obviously in the advertising blurb which it does not, if you look up brushless jigsaws on the screwfix site Brushless Jigsaws | Saws | Screwfix.com it list many brands but not Bosch. Would I worry that it was not brushless, not at all because all it means is that it is less complex and maybe battery life is a tad shorter but who cares.

Also, I've never had or used a barrel grip jigsaw before, but do people agree that it seems the way forward?
Thanks

Personally I love the barrel grip style, it feels like you have much more control with them.

They are great for cutting from underneath, especially for things like scribes. You can see and follow the line easier and the tear out is on the back, sounds awkward if you have never done it but soon becomes second nature.

Back