Is my router good enough?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi parbynat, I can fully recommend the makita RP2301 that I’ve got. It’s extremely powerful with a 2.1kW motor. Could be worth looking around at second hand ones if you can. I got mine for £140 and they are around £250 new. Cheers

Spectric

Established Member
Reaction score
it has a few 'idiosyncrasies' that you get used to.
The fact it is a big ugly orange beast that is best hidden under a router table! Something to remember if mounting in a table is to remove the black plastic piece on the front which gives a few more mm in height and that the screws to attach are not metric. Please find attached image of the base if you need info to attach to a table. If you need the dxf let me know.

Attachments

• Triton base.jpeg
    Triton base.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 9

Fergie 307

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a half inch capacity erbauer one, not expensive but has been very good and done lots of work. Has a good soft start as well, common enough now I know but was unusual on a cheap machine at the time. I guess it must be fifteen years old or more.

Boxer

Established Member
Reaction score
My Triton M0F 001 router now only starts if I tap it with a hammer ! I've had it apart and cant see any issues with it but it still refuses to work when turned on unless its given a mild whack. I tried contacting the Triton agents in Yeovil but their customer support is non existant.

I also had a Triton 75mm Circular Saw. It was a crude, heavy and unweildly beast of a saw and it died after 15 hours of use.

There is no way I will ever buy their stuff again.

clogs

just can't decide
Reaction score
I have 2 Hitachi 3HP routers one perm in the table the other for free hand work......
Hardly ever use the smaller ones now (6) because they are like holding a toy....
My other favorite router is a Makita I got from the states, they weren't available then, it's just a trimming router........
when my next workshop is built I intend to get the biggest water cooled router I can......
as a tool they are just invaluable.....
PS, a better machine for that kinda work is a spindle moulder....if u have room and the money......