Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Is Mike G ok?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Deadeye

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know where to post this.
Value his thoughts even on things well apart from stuff I play with.
Hope he hasn't left us.

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
His history shows he’s not posted since September 27th I believe he left around the time sunny Bob also left, I don’t know what the fallout was about as the thread was deleted

Deadeye

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it would be a crying shame if either of them left.
Both very experienced and wise contributors

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is saying we can’t discuss things sensibly, there was a falling out & he left, that’s his prerogative though I imagine it will be frowned upon dragging up arguments where the parties involved are no longer here & the threads in question removed.
it happens regularly on forums unfortunately

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I never fully understood what happened either, who wants a bet this will be deleted?

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
MikeG and also Trevanion leaving was a big loss to this forum, one of them always knew the answers or gave good advice on the questions I asked.

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
Novocaine! I know you’re being ironic, stop being naughty.
On the theme, heard a line in a song yesterday, everyone's dying to get into heaven but nobody wants to die.

novocaine

Established Member
Reaction score
Well he is isnt he? 😁😜 ohhhhh you thought i meant dead, oh no hes not dead, hes being taken care of, kapish.

shed9

Established Member
Reaction score
MikeG and also Trevanion leaving was a big loss to this forum, one of them always knew the answers or gave good advice on the questions I asked.
I wasn't aware that Trevanion had left but then I haven't been on much myself on recent months either. I agree that is a loss. Can't say I found Mike as helpful myself, there was a small (and up until his departure) growing band of people who were on Mike's ignore 'naughty' list because they dared to question or countered his comments. I also found he scared off some new members as well by his tone which is a shame as he clearly had the experience, it just didn't always translate well in a text based forum in my opinion.

Spectric

Established Member
Reaction score
Lets all make a new year resolution to share our experience and knowledge whilst remembering that the focus of these forums is woodworking in it's many guises and as humans we just have to accept that there will always be some measure of friction, the main thing is to keep it freindly and above board so everyone gains and takes away a nice experience.