Is it me or

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lot of folk are over at toms place i think - though most seem to still be posting on both forums

Hi,

They are all on holiday or down the pub, thats where I would like to be, on holiday and down the pub :wink:

Pete

I think some members have found what they've been looking for over at Wood Haven. I swung by and observed for a bit and it does seem exceptionally pleasant (almost surreal). Between the three forums I think everyone's personality is serviced - hence a possible decrease in volume of posting here (although I think it's gone up) but an increase in quality* and on-topic posts.

I think it's a fairly normal human reaction and I'm glad Wizer set up his new forum. It's preserved (allowed a return to) this forum's original identity.

Everyone's a winner!

* I'm not saying the posts of those departed to other forums were of a lesser quality, merely that there is no longer a load of posts where persoanalities and expectations of the forum and it's management prevailed (I.e. Everyone's contribution degraded The forum as a whole.)

matt":58f5t9jq said:
I think some members have found what they've been looking for over at Wood Haven. I swung by and observed for a bit and it does seem exceptionally pleasant (almost surreal). Between the three forums I think everyone's personality is serviced - hence a possible decrease in volume of posting here (although I think it's gone up) but an increase in quality* and on-topic posts.

I think it's a fairly normal human reaction and I'm glad Wizer set up his new forum. It's preserved (allowed a return to) this forum's original identity.

Everyone's a winner!

* I'm not saying the posts of those departed to other forums were of a lesser quality, merely that there is no longer a load of posts where persoanalities and expectations of the forum and it's management prevailed (I.e. Everyone's contribution degraded The forum as a whole.)

Couldn't agree with you more Matt. But I also think that part of it is down to Noel and Charley showing us all that the management do care about the forum and it's members, and along with the survey that they are taking notice of what sort of forum we want.

Cheers

Mike

I've not been using the forum for too long compared to others, so I've not witnessed too much of the problems of personalities etc.

My overall impression however is a collection of very helpful people with loads of useful information on everything wood and non-wood. I love looking at the projects people post (WIPs and finished articles). I'm looking to put my WIP on the site soon (not my first project, just the first one I've been taking pictures of as I progress).

Long may it continue and keep up the good work.

Mike.C":1djzxo7b said:
matt":1djzxo7b said:

Everyone's a winner!

Couldn't agree with you more Matt. But I also think that part of it is down to Noel and Charley showing us all that the management do care about the forum and it's members, and along with the survey that they are taking notice of what sort of forum we want.

Cheers

Mike

I disagree, I've personally posted less because of the bickering and the lack of management. Despite the post and the survey, nothing has changed - yet, if and when it does, i may take more of an active role (whether anyone likes it or not) in the forum, but as it stands, this forum still has the same problems - even our moderator has taken to duplicating and spamming posts in multiple threads.

ByronBlack":dcsaifol said:
even our moderator has taken to duplicating and spamming posts in multiple threads.

Yeah, and I told him to tell himself off real good.

Much of the bickering, not that I've seen that much recently, more sniping, finger pointing etc. etc. than anything else, seems to me to be coming from members who 'claim' to be sick of it and joined Tom's forum to get away from it? Yet they seem to positively enjoy coming on here to partake in the threads they claim to be sick of.
As for nothing having changed yet ?? Give 'em a chance for gawds sake. What's the point in rushing through changes that might not be the 'right' changes?

studders":2413rzch said:
ByronBlack":2413rzch said:
even our moderator has taken to duplicating and spamming posts in multiple threads.

Much of the bickering, not that I've seen that much recently, more sniping, finger pointing etc. etc. than anything else, seems to me to be coming from members who 'claim' to be sick of it and joined Tom's forum to get away from it? Yet they seem to positively enjoy coming on here to partake in the threads they claim to be sick of.
As for nothing having changed yet ?? Give 'em a chance for gawds sake. What's the point in rushing through changes that might not be the 'right' changes?

I don't agree, but your view isn't unexpected.

And nothing has changed, that is a simple fact, I wasn't complaining about it, just saying that if and when it does change (and going on past performance, it aint going to happen any time soon) then I would take a more active role.

ByronBlack":10ugwqnq said:
Mike.C":10ugwqnq said:
matt":10ugwqnq said:

Everyone's a winner!

Cheers

Mike

I disagree, I've personally posted less because of the bickering and the lack of management. Despite the post and the survey, nothing has changed - yet, if and when it does, i may take more of an active role (whether anyone likes it or not) in the forum, but as it stands, this forum still has the same problems - even our moderator has taken to duplicating and spamming posts in multiple threads.

Studders wrote:

ByronBlack wrote:

Colin I have to agree with Studders, the forum may not be exactly what you want it to be yet, but it is much better already (argument wise), and as he says give them time. I know for a fact that Charley is working on a new review section at this moment. On top of that we have one mod doing the job of 4 or 5, so it won't happen over night. :wink:

Cheers

Mike

Mike/Studders - read my post again and stop inferring your own thoughts on it. I am not suggesting it should happen over night, I am not complaining that nothing has changed yet, FFS all I am saying is the reason why I am personnaly not as involved in the forum is because nothing has changed YET - but if/when it does, then I will. It was in response to a question as to why the forum is quiter than usual, not in regards to a discussion on the actual changes whatever they may be, and whenever they may happen.

Is it really that difficult to understand?

This what Zilch-Wedlock me off with this forum, things are taken out of context and issues are created out of nothing.

studders":2p3ln5nm said:
ByronBlack":2p3ln5nm said:
.... your view isn't unexpected.

Not quite sure what you mean by that, care to expand a little?

Not really, its quite straight-forward. Your view is not unexpected to me, its really quite simple and needs no further elaboration.

However, in the spirit of being helpful, I can try and say it differently if that helps:

Your view is as I would have expected, or
I can see why you would have that view, or
You view is aligned with that I would have thought, or
I can see where you get that view from, or
Your post is congruous to my experience of your past posts..

Are you determined to start an argument over anything? Is this really the change that we will see in this forum, where someones post gets picked apart and taken out of context, and used to try and start an argument?

ByronBlack":1b3znii5 said:
This what Zilch-Wedlock me off with this forum, things are taken out of context and issues are created out of nothing.

Err... Hello Pot.

Perhaps it is you that needs to re-read your message, you might agree that it could come across as very negative.
Then again, you might be right and I've misinterpreted its meaning.

studders":1f47o1uy said:
ByronBlack":1f47o1uy said:

Err... Hello Pot.

Perhaps it is you that needs to re-read your message, you might agree that it could come across as very negative.

I wasn't being negative, I was explaining my reasoning for taking an active role in the forum. Because my view isn't the same as yours, you feel it necessary to have a pop?

studders":z79gon44 said:
ByronBlack":z79gon44 said:

Err... Hello Pot.

after it was noted that it was much quiter here without all the pointless bickering and backbiting, I must say that I am in awe of the selfless dedication you two are putting into livening up that aspect of the boards once more

and the sacrifice you are bith making in devoting a beautiful sunny saturday to such pursuits when you could otherwise be in the 'shop, down the pub, or otherwise actually having a life is stunning.

Back