is it me or the jigsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I purchased a dewalt jigsaw early last year its the old model not the one that looks like a freight train and when i use it to cut thickish stock the cuts are never square and in either this months or last months pww it said that you should get a perfectly square cut with a correctly set up jigsaw. I have just spent the last hour with some straight blades and an engineers square truing up my base to the blade as the dog has just knocked it off the bed (little s***). What i would like to know is is pww correct or because the blade has very little support is it normal to produce cuts out of square?

Derek.

I had similar problems with my jigsaw, I asked my tutor and he said it could be cheap blades.

Can anyone tell me what blades are the best to use

Lennox, Festool, or my favourite Bosch Progressor.

Noel

Derek

I used to have that problem with my crappy old Black & Decker JS but oddly enough I don't really have it now that I have a DeWalt :shock:

I read somewhere that if you force the cut the blade overheats and distorts and that allows the kerf to drift off the vertical. I guess if that's true it would probably be more true of cheapo blades.

Did you get the usual pack of 3 freebie DW blades with your JS? Is it doing it with them?

I don't know what model you have but I'm guessing that, if it's a DW, it'll have pendulum action so there shouldn't be any need to "push" the blade into the cut. It should be enough to just follow the line and let the blade do all the work.

Scott":1kgq585y said:
Did you get the usual pack of 3 freebie DW blades with your JS? Is it doing it with them?
To be honest i did get the blades but i havn't tried them yet i am using the B&D pranha blades but one thing i noticed today is that if i use the jigsaw blades which have the B&D fitting not the bayonet fitting they for some reason don't clamp in the jigsaw straight i am wondering if this is my problem and by the way its the dw321 model.

Derek.

I'd try the DW blades Derek and see how you get on

Cheers
Scott

The old addage of letting the blade do the work may apply
. Its very easy to force without realising and the blade can easily wander, even good blades like Bosch which i use all the time. Also using the wrong blade /material combination can have this effect/
beejay

Back