Is it just ME

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
When I get a link for a turning project on You Tube I find it very hard to hear what is being said. :?

I can hear BobHams posts reasonably well but the rest I have diffuclty making out what they are saying. :oops:

Is my hearing going bad or is my PC acting up or what. :?

Mind you some of them dont deserve to be either seen or heard. :evil:

Eugene, it is worth checking where the various volume level setting options are docked.
You need to check:
Your computer and the soundcard controls may not be at optimum.
And The volume Slider controls in the actual video window.
If you have volume control keys on your keyboard they may also be setting levels somewhere in the train that are throttling the output.

Eugene

I have just watched one of Bobham's vids and It was fine. As Chas says might be something with your 'puter. In fact because my wife was watching telly so I used a set of headphones, it was better, but I don't usually notice a problem.

Regards

Rod

Rod, I find Bobhams ok others I have problems with. the sound slider on the film is always as high as it can go.
Chas ,every time I try to change anything I end up with nothing working, you are talking to a PC eegit here.
Next time some of my kids visit I will get them to sort it out.
I was hoping that I would be told that the sound on You tube was bad.

Jonzjob":342i3nue said:
You got any new batteries for yer ear plugs yet Boysie? They don't just keep noise out :mrgreen:

Oh hell I thought I just put the batterys in me ears I never use the olugs :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops:

Ye learn sometin every day don'ch.

Mark, yours are perfect, had no problems with the sound.
I have signed up to your posting. Tried to leave a comment
but as usual just when I come to terms with something zap
they change it or they call it an upgrade.
Thanks again Mark looking fwd.to more

Thanks boysie

I have been working on the editing etc to try to make them as good as possible, without too many bells and whistles.

Thanks again

When I edit mine I set the audio level a bit higher than the software default setting, figuring people can turn the volume down if it is too loud but won't be able to do anything if it is too low. On one of my earlier ones I had been trying something new with the audio (possibly overdubbing, but I can't recall for sure) and forgot to re-set the audio when I made my next video. I had several comments that the audio level was too low on that video but you can't change it once it is uploaded, so I have tried to remember to check the audio settings on the ones I have made since.

Take care
Bob

P.S.: Thanks for this thread. I wasn't aware of Mark's videos until I saw this. Subscribed now!

Eugene,
It could be your PC sound system is set too low, go to the task bar at the bottom of the screen at the right hand side hover the curser over the small arrow and it should say 'Show hidden icons'
Click on that and it will show some icons. Click on the icon that shows a speaker, it will reveal a slider. Up for loud, down for quiet.
John. B

John,B Good to hear from you , have done that and the slider is up as far as it can go.
I looked at some videos that Mark Sanger had on You Tube and the sound was perfect.
Maybe I'm a bit Mutt and Jeff. Thanks John and good to hear from you

:roll: :roll: #-o #-o Well folks,guess what, I have just discovered some buttons on the moniter I am useing :oops: :oops: and two are for volume one for up and one for down.I set the up one at 50 and switched to Mark Sangers Video and is'nt he a noisey git, he woke up Clair and the cat ,but I am over the moon. :lol: :lol:
So thanks to all looks headphones are next on the Christmas.

Back