Is It Alright To Toot One's Own Horn?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the wood rat, once i start a drawing a find it very hard to finish without making every single part into a component with the right texture, i think i should try and make an object like my bedrock plane 607?

dave did you ever do any work for F&C while Colin Eden Eaden was editor, im sure i saw a welsh dresser design similar to one on your blog?

adidat

Hi adidat,

Thank you. Although I've made a detailed drawing of the Wood Rat, that ain't it. It's a Router Boss. Lots more parts detailed on the router boss, too.

No, I've not done any drawing work for F&C although I would consider doing some if they contacted me. ;)

it was the third one down on your blog, it was just presented in a very similar way

adidat

Ah. I see. That was one I drew up for Fine Woodworking Magazine. It was designed and built by Michael Pekovich. The exploded view is the SketchUp work that appeared in the magazine.

Congratulations Dave. Mind you I am not suprised with your mastery of Sketchup. I did like the description of you as a Sketchup rockstar! :lol: :D It is great to see you getting some credit for all your hard work. :wink:

thank you, my friend.

The problem with "rockstar" status is that all too often rockstars go down in flames. Or they get old and look like Mick Jagger. :D

Very impressive Dave. When I tried Sketchup I got totally confused and went back to a pencil :oops: :oops: I'll have to have a closer look at your info on it?

Mick Jegger. You would look like that if yer mum used to lick yer lips and stick you to a window when she went into the shops, poor lad :roll:

He lives over here too. Smart cookie.. Got more cash than me too :mrgreen:

Dave R":ni2tmcn7 said:
Or maybe it's rude.

If it isn't rude, toot

Very nice (if not to everybody's taste on this board, it appears) A&C display case.
Elegant simplicity (and well drawn too... :) )

BugBear

Hi Dave

I have just downloaded Sketchup 8 and over the next few days will give it a try. To be honest, with paper and pencil my drawing skills are rubbish, so I will approach learning Sketchup with some trepidation!!

Have you produced any online tutorials for novices like me please?

Credit where it's due Dave, you are certainly due quite a bit from my perspective. You blow your Horn as much as you like. There'll be no complaints from me. =D> =D>
I don't remember any mention of the enormous amount of time you give freely to learners, but on second thoughts that's probably not a bad thing. :)

xy

Dave, if anyone deserves a toot, or heck, a whole fanfare, it's you. When I get back to tackling SketchUp, the first place I will look is for your posts. More power to your mouse. =D>

Back