Is it a jig?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

ever since seeing Dave's (DaveL) fine router adjuster on his router table I have been meaning to make one. Well here is mine.

Steel tube bronze welded (braized) to an 8mm thick piece of steeel with a 6mm tapped hole in it. A block is bolted to the bottom end to help grip.

A 6mm rod (1mm raise/lower per 360 degrees) is tapped into the router base in place of the depth adjuster mechanism with a locknut to hold it in place.

Works very nicely and I can easily adjust the height to within 0.25mm without any marks or scales on it. I might print a scale to glue to it with graduations of 0.1mm (36 dregrees) to give accurate 'fine' adjustment

Well worth making and only took 1.5 hours!!

(Bronze welding/gas welding gear was about £35 from B&Q a few years ago and they still stock it)

Router_adjuster_1.jpg

Router_adjuster_2.jpg

Thanks for the idea Dave :wink:

Merry christmas :lol:

Tony":liyeo5p1 said:
Thanks for the idea Dave :wink:

Well I knew you would not be able to resist making one :D looks a bit more production made than mine, oh hang on mines got a makers name scratched on it "H Robinson & Co" :wink:

Having something like this does make the router table easier to use, please feel free to modify and adapt our ideas to suit your needs. 8)

Looking forwrd to it Bean :wink:

Well you lot, is it a jig?

Cheers

Tony
(king of all that is jig like)

Back