is honesty the best policy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I would have done a cut & paste from HozeLocks's own website (saying as much) and left my own experiences out of it.

Experiences are subjective and selling stuff as a Private Seller - I'm not under any obligation to say anything, i.e. Caveat Emptor.

Dibs

andyoaks":220hbu62 said:
well is it. I put a listing on ebay for my almost new hozelock pond vac but told the truth about it and can't get any bids other than the 99p start. Should I have lied, all the other listings for the same item have.

I would take it back where you purchased it and ask for a refund , not fit for purpose

Honesty is always the best policy.... but sometimes you can be to honest :shock:

I would take it back where you purchased it and ask for a refund , not fit for purpose

Has to be the answer ... rather than trying to find a mug and risk a paypal charge back.

Blister":fnbw2cad said:
andyoaks":fnbw2cad said:
well is it. I put a listing on ebay for my almost new hozelock pond vac but told the truth about it and can't get any bids other than the 99p start. Should I have lied, all the other listings for the same item have.

+1 on that

Not being honest with the truth just makes you a politician...bosshogg :)
You can 't help a man who doesn't tell you what he wants :D

As an aside, we have an Oase Pondovac and it's very good, copes with the large amount of blanket weed we get, but it is quite a slow process. I've now found a very good treatment for the weed though, so it gets less use.

simon yes I'm now lead to belive thats the one to have. blanket weed- are you using blanket answer?

Interesting Andy, no not seen that. I have used a couple of products from Travena - Pond Relief and Oxygenator - cleared (admittedly a relatively small pond) in less than a week. The dead weed is a little unsightly, but the pond vacuum takes care of that. We know we need to plant the pond out to reduce light levels, just not got around to it yet.

Have you used Blanket Answer, any good?

yes it top gear. I treated it at the start of this year just as it started to grow and it hasn't come back all summer. There just a few bits kicking about now which should die back away with time of year. It is a bit worrying if you havn't used it before as it turns the pond like milk for about 24-48 hours but then clears.

Honesty is the best policy but if you wanted a sale...

Great write up of what sounds like a totally useless product though. Lets hope it goes viral and you get a couple of crazy bids. I love the answers to the questions too.

lol.. Good writeup..

My opinion is be completely honest about the item but leave your personal views out of it. Somehow I don't really think you are going to get a sale but hope you prove me wrong.

Back