Is elektra beckum pfk 255 v8 saw dual voltage?????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olivetree

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i purchased a elektra beckum panel saw second hand a few months ago. It came with a 240v to 415v converter, everything was going well until the converter blew up!!!
I spoke to a company called digital drives who informed me that the transformer i had was not fit for the job. I need to know if the machine is dual voltage or not so i can get the right transformer.

Please help!!!!!!

Hi. I've got the same saw and on mine there is a rating plate on the top right of the front panel. mine is clearly 230 V and runs fine off a 13a supply. I would assume that if yours was working correctly via an inverter then it must be a 3 pase 415 V version. manuals can be downloaded from the metabo website which may )e of help. for inverter advise have a look at 9fingers Bob's document - there is a link to it below his signature.

HTH.

Steve

The simple answer YES

You have the V8 which has the scoring blade, that moter is 230v single phase, the main moter is 415v 3ph

Mcluma":10ccm0nq said:
The simple answer YES

You have the V8 which has the scoring blade, that moter is 230v single phase, the main moter is 415v 3ph

Just because he has the V8 with a scoring blade doesn't mean it has to be dual voltage - mine isn't. However if the supply is 3 phase - i.e. the power lead has 4 pins + earth then the main motor is 3ph and the scoring motor is single.

You can find the manual here

Back