Is a square really worth £1000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demusss

Established Member
Reaction score
Just saw this on Gumtree. Is a square really worth £1000

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/...8-inspection-grade-toolroom-square/1353413648
999e2595ca730140dc375561e05794c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It could well be. Try finding a 48" inspection grade square - they're not exactly ten-a-penny. The description given by the seller shows that they know exactly what it is, and how it should be treated.

It would be worth even more with a current calibration certificate.

As CC said, good luck trying to find another like it, 48" (4ft, 1200mm!) is an absolutely massive piece of equipment, especially one that's accurate throughout that 48".

That being said, who would actually find a use for something like that anymore who's willing to spend £1000 on it? It's only really worth what people will pay for it.

Funny one - it's probably worth it, but someone who is willing to spend that on a used one would also probably stump up the extra for a new one with a calibration certificate.

I got a monster Moore and Wright this year off facebook marketplace for £40 - the blade is 1m long. Weighs a ton. No idea how accurate it is or when I'll ever use it but its nice to have! :lol:

Latest posts

Back