Iron on Edging or Edgebander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benchwayze":13eesag9 said:
Shultzy":13eesag9 said:
Use greaseproof paper between the edge banding and the iron to stop staining, and the iron moves better.

I never knew that Shultzy. Thanks... I'll remember that one. :D

That works very well as you can see through the greeseproof but as I can never find any (wife hides it for some reason :wink: ), I just use a sheet of white paper from the printer.

If I have a lot of edging I use the small tabletop edgebander I bought off ebey and it works very well indeed otherwise it's the old travel iron I got at a bootsale for 50p years ago

Bob

Lons":n1cht2dv said:
Benchwayze":n1cht2dv said:
Shultzy":n1cht2dv said:
Use greaseproof paper between the edge banding and the iron to stop staining, and the iron moves better.

I never knew that Shultzy. Thanks... I'll remember that one. :D

That works very well as you can see through the greeseproof but as I can never find any (wife hides it for some reason :wink: ), I just use a sheet of white paper from the printer.

If I have a lot of edging I use the small tabletop edgebander I bought off ebey and it works very well indeed otherwise it's the old travel iron I got at a bootsale for 50p years ago

Bob

You'll have to get to know your local 'Chippie' proprietor Lons! :D

I couldn't stand iron on veneer lipping would never use again. Not sure wether it was me or the product i was using. but i had Problems trying to get the stuff to stay on veneered mdf.

I didn't have any problem trimming it afterwards with a a Veritas flush plane

Back