iroko

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
I have picked up four pieces of iroko 60x120cm ex lab tops the boss wants me to make a new fire surround and two shelving units for her b/potter bits, making them is easy its the finish that gets me. Any help on what to use she doesn't want me to use oil or wax (she wants easy clean and dust finish,dont they all) any suggestions . ps i have never worked with iroko before any thing i should look out for .

frank

Am I missing something important here? Why does your boss think that wax or oil are difficult to look after? The latter should be able to be wiped down with a damp cloth if needed, and whilst you shouldn't do that with silicone-free waxes (as all good ones are) they still don't require a great deal of maintenance!

No problem Pete, I don't think we'd be able to supply every woodworker with all of their finishes... there aren't enough manufacturing hours in the day (although don't let that put anyone off from making us try!).

I'm pleased the Organoil worked well for you, especially as it ties in with my first comment about oil being easy to use and to clean.

Back