Iphone 4s

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I have been using an iphone 3gs and as with marmite i love it but have been waiting for the arrival of the new iphone 5 before updating.

After the introduction of the 4s yesterday dont think the extra features are really worth waiting for so have today arranged a nice new shiny 32GB iphone 4 - got the 32gb as they offered for the same cost as the 16gb - no brainer

I know some of you out there will be shouting "Android" but to be honest I have been very happy with my "I" .

Only problem is I have two kids pestering me for my old iphone 3gs - just upset them both though as said i'm going to sell it as there is two of them and only one phone - There is no way I could choose between them and will end up with one of them being hurt.

Grumpy daddy!! :mrgreen:

Yes a bit strange this non - appearance of the 5?
I've got a 4 and would not be without it.
Don't forget Tapatalk - your never without your on- line friends!

Rod

Dodge":3ifetlvy said:
Well I have been using an iphone 3gs and as with marmite i love it but have been waiting for the arrival of the new iphone 5 before updating.

After the introduction of the 4s yesterday dont think the extra features are really worth waiting for so have today arranged a nice new shiny 32GB iphone 4 - got the 32gb as they offered for the same cost as the 16gb - no brainer

I know some of you out there will be shouting "Android" but to be honest I have been very happy with my "I" .

Only problem is I have two kids pestering me for my old iphone 3gs - just upset them both though as said i'm going to sell it as there is two of them and only one phone - There is no way I could choose between them and will end up with one of them being hurt.

Hey Dodge

Sorry to pour a little cold water on it but I think the 3g was in some respects a better phone than the 4

I got 2 of them a few months ago and both have a poorer reception signal that the 3g they replaced (I got £90 each for those from Mazuma BTW :) ).
Don't get me wrong, I like the phone and it feels more solid but if I hadn't got a great deal, I'd be disappointed.

Additionally, my wifes phone refuses to stay connected to the bluetooth on her 10 month old mini, Apple and O2 have failed to come up with an answer and BMW have had the mini for a total of 6 days testing, updating software and even replaced a main component without success - it isn't the car! Frustrating. :evil:
Bob

Harbo":3dekbquj said:

Rod

Been using tapatalk for a few months - its brill!

3, 4, 5... I'd rather eat my own leg than trade any of them for a Blackberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, whatever. And Android is OK software looking for a nice hardware home.
The End.

Dodge":38ii1ost said:

Go on make their day and buy another 3. You know you'd like to be a 'Nice Daddy'.

Regards Keith

Lons":b61pni1x said:
Dodge":b61pni1x said:

Hey Dodge

Sorry to pour a little cold water on it but I think the 3g was in some respects a better phone than the 4

I got 2 of them a few months ago and both have a poorer reception signal that the 3g they replaced (I got £90 each for those from Mazuma BTW :) ).
Don't get me wrong, I like the phone and it feels more solid but if I hadn't got a great deal, I'd be disappointed.

Additionally, my wifes phone refuses to stay connected to the bluetooth on her 10 month old mini, Apple and O2 have failed to come up with an answer and BMW have had the mini for a total of 6 days testing, updating software and even replaced a main component without success - it isn't the car! Frustrating. :evil:
Bob

Well I have found that the 4 has a better reception - My wife has one and whenever we are out together she has the better signal - as for the bluetooth neither of us use it - I'm afraid if my phone rings when i'm driving it goes to answerphone regardless of where I am - prefer to phone people back than have a thing stuck in my ear!

Anyway - my landrover does not contain any of this comms wizardry! :lol: :lol:

Dodge":1wqgavpm said:

Missed opportunity. The fun you could have had making them fight for the rights to it. What you could have made them do for you!

Harbo":1ixrgbjo said:

Rod

I don't think it's strange, I just reckon it will be (forgetting what was before 3G)

3G -> 3GS -> 4 -> 4S -> 5 (probably next year, after my iPhone 4 contract is up :twisted: )

Why release the iphone 5 when they can slap an extra letter on and add voice control and all the people who are apple mad will basically go out and buy the same phone again. Thats good business!

Dodge":6q5kwcgb said:
Well I have found that the 4 has a better reception - My wife has one and whenever we are out together she has the better signal - as for the bluetooth neither of us use it - I'm afraid if my phone rings when i'm driving it goes to answerphone regardless of where I am - prefer to phone people back than have a thing stuck in my ear!

Anyway - my landrover does not contain any of this comms wizardry! :lol: :lol:

I'll do you a phone swap then Dodge :lol: :lol: we've found 1 - 2 bars poorer than the 3g at times.

I wouldn't have a bluetooth thingy in my ear either. Both cars have buit in so through the radio and a 1 button press on the steering wheel.
Van has a built in Parrot 3200 kit which is similar..

Amazing really to think it's not that many years ago my missus swore she'd never entertain a moble but never without it now. :?
Wonder what all those signals do as they're passing through your brain - (explains blank faces of some of the kids whith a mobile permanently glued to their ears).

Bob

Dodge":llo8ba8t said:

Humm

dual core CPU vs single core
Graphics 7x faster
Dual antenna.
Improved power management.
Double the resolution on the camera
1080p video

You are right no point in getting the newer faster better one in 10 days time :D because the number is 4s not 5 :D

I have a very old Samsung phone, "inherited" from my youngest daughter when she upgraded to something new and flashy. I have the Samsung on a "pay as you go" and have spent a massive £5 or so on calls in the last six months. How so?? Because we have zero signal on any mobile network here in mid-Wales, either at home or at most of the places I visit. I wish the network providers would upgrade their networks as fast as the phone makers upgrade theirs!!

Mike

sometimewoodworker":4jl15hlc said:
Dodge":4jl15hlc said:

Humm

dual core CPU vs single core
Graphics 7x faster
Dual antenna.
Improved power management.
Double the resolution on the camera
1080p video

You are right no point in getting the newer faster better one in 10 days time :D because the number is 4s not 5 :D

And if you get an iPhone 4 now, at a cheaper price, you may be able to afford to write it off and get an iPhone 5 which may be released next year.

2G (2007) -> 3G (2008) -> 3GS (2009) -> 4 (2010) -> 4S (2011) -> iPhone 5? (2012)

However, if you get an iPhone 4S now then you may find yourself locked into an 18 or 24 month contract and not be in a position to get the iPhone 5 when it is released.

I'm only about halfway through a 24 month contract on an iPhone 4 so I don't mind the 4S being released this year. :lol:

Eagerly awaiting IOS 5 though.

Back