iPad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gromit62

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone have any tips as to placing these screen protectors on the iPad screen please? I am on my 4th and not go it to sit with trouble. Clean the screen, wipe it dry, make sure no dust under the film and press down gently and get so many bits of er muck and fluff under the film it looks like a relief map of the alps. only got 2 more to throw away so any tips gratefully received thanks.
Geoff.

You're always going to get a few specs of dust under there, but they usually don't show when the device is switched on and being used. I've had best results using a microfibre cloth to clean the screen; with the backing off the screen protector, line it up alongside one edge of the iPad, then lower it into place. Use a squeegee e.g. decent condition credit or loyalty card to squeeze out the air bubbles; I find a firm swipe from top to bottom, followed by swipes from the centre out towards the edges works best.

HTH Pete

p.s. a blob of blutack under each corner of the iPad to keep it in place and level whilst you're doing this can help a lot ;)

Not the cheapest option, but I use this kit on my iPod, Canon DSLR screen and TomTom screen. I don't have an iPad but if I did then it too would have one. So far, about 2 years, they have been pretty well bulley proof!

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/app ... Nowcontent

Quote from the site "Includes free lifetime replacement warranty for the life of your device"

+1 for zagg. Have them on all my apple kit and work like a dream. Bit fussy to apply but no dust. They do have a slight texture to them that some don't like but personally I do as
I have sloppy hands and this gives just enough friction to allow me to hold it almost vertical on one palm while using it.

HTH

Cheers
Mark

You get a small micro fibre cloth to clean the screen and a 'special' fluid to help to lfoat the cover on and a card to sqeegie it all out. I got the complete cover for my iPod touch and it was a bit tricky, but you can take it off and re do it as long as you don't leave it too long.

If you do get a Zag cover you will see some bubbles after you have put it on, but no worries they go after a couple of days. My iPod screen gets some hammer and when I get marks on it all I do is to wipe them off, even when they look as if they are there for good.

As Mark said it has a slightly orange peel finish, very slight, and for me it's good and you don't get so much reflection on the screen. I am seriously thinking of getting one for my MacBook screem.

Thanks for the info guys I will try the Zagg shield when the Kolay ones I have run out, @ Pete thanks for the Microfiber cloth and Blue Tack tip it worked a treat, took all of 2 minutes from start to use. The Blue tack tip should be made a sticky :lol:
Geoff.

We don't use one. It's a glass screen - it's not going to get easily scratched anyway and if you keep it in a case, there's virtually no chance of damaging it unless you drop it or something.

Gromit62":mehtxt6s said:
@ Pete thanks for the Microfiber cloth and Blue Tack tip it worked a treat..
Glad it helped; DAMHIKT ;)

And since we're chatting about 'fondleslabs' anybody else pre-ordered 'iPad, The Next Generation' ?

petermillard":2w8at5tq said:
Gromit62":2w8at5tq said:
@ Pete thanks for the Microfiber cloth and Blue Tack tip it worked a treat..
Glad it helped; DAMHIKT ;)

And since we're chatting about 'fondleslabs' anybody else pre-ordered 'iPad, The Next Generation' ?

I have, pre-ordered mine the day it was released. Should arrive here Friday morning. :)

Lord Nibbo":1eugjaqm said:
I have, pre-ordered mine the day it was released. Should arrive here Friday morning. :)
Mine too! Don't think I'll be getting much work done that day. :lol: My wife didn't get around to ordering hers until later in the day (of release) and her delivery isn't scheduled until the end of the month...

Out of curiosity, has anyone who's bought already, or decided already, gone with 4G capability (leaving contracts aside)? If so is it to replace a 3G iPad, or are you taking a leap of 'faith'?

We're seriously considering them here as replacements for laptops and lightly-used desktops, and I'm trying to settle in my mind the value-add of 4G. Right now I'm not convinced it's worth it over the wi-fi-only versions, although we are in an area that should get 4G fairly early on.

Thoughts appreciated,

E.

I read somewhere that 4G is very battery hungry?
I keep toying with the idea but I've got the small MacBook Pro (which is very portable) and an iPhone so cannot really justify it yet??

Rod

Eric The Viking":2fh6ffx1 said:
Out of curiosity, has anyone who's bought already, or decided already, gone with 4G capability (leaving contracts aside)? If so is it to replace a 3G iPad, or are you taking a leap of 'faith'?

We're seriously considering them here as replacements for laptops and lightly-used desktops, and I'm trying to settle in my mind the value-add of 4G. Right now I'm not convinced it's worth it over the wi-fi-only versions, although we are in an area that should get 4G fairly early on.

Thoughts appreciated,

E.

It may be years before this country see 4G and it certainly won't be total coverage, so I see it as a waste of money. Anyway as my mobile phone is 3G and can be paired to the ipad that will do. :)

Eric The Viking":2nymxfwc said:
TBH, by the time we see any kind of half-decent 4G penetration in this country, I expect to be on my next iPad - but I have gone for the WiFi + 4G model this time as it'll also handle 3G/2G/Edge data; my current iPad is 3G, and although I'm often within striking distance of WiFi, it's useful to have just to be sure that calendars and job notes are in sync. If you think you're mobile data use will be relatively light, then the Orange 'pay as you go' plan is one of the better options IMHO.

HTH Pete

Anyone selling their old Ipad, if you are getting the new one? SWMBO is after one, just to have a play with, but she's not interested in having the lastest this and that.

tsb":16oorwez said:
Anyone selling their old Ipad, if you are getting the new one? SWMBO is after one, just to have a play with, but she's not interested in having the lastest this and that.
Not sure what I'm doing with mine yet - probably be passed along through the family tbh. My wife's decided to keep her older one for work - 'cos it's just soooo much effort to carry lol! I was quite surprised how much people are prepared to pay for first gen iPads on eBay - makes the refurbished iPad 2s in the Apple store at £289 - full warranty - look like a bargain.

Back