Inverters available

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to reduce my collection of inverters!

These Inverters allow three phase motors to be run from single phase power.

In addition to solving the "three phase at home" problem, inverters allow a gentle controlled start, No volt release as standard, controlled braking and if needed, variable speed.

Most inverters only work with dual voltage motors (ones that are marked 240/440v or similarly)

Some older three phase motors are 440v only which rules out most commonly available inverters. However, some of my inverters are suitable targets for modification to run these motors from a normal 240 single phase supply. A single box takes 240 v in and provides 3 phase 440v output.

If you are interested in using the inverter option rather than changing the motor for a single phase one then I may well have a solution for you.

A nice sharp photo of the motor rating plate on the body of the motor (not the machine plate!) will be needed to make an assessment.

HTH

Bob

Hi 9fingers,
need some advice from you over the inverters, as i'm new i cant seem to pm you right now just need some 1-1 advice thx
Dc

Back