Invasion of US Capitol building

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would put more credence in the latter. There are massive, and very sophisticated operations, with huge buildings full of people, in Russia (and China, Iran and a dozen other places) logged into social media 24x7 peddling fake news in the form of conspiracy theories. Their purpose is to polarize the American population, foment hate and destabilise western democracy. On recent evidence, I'd say they are doing a pretty good job.

We are sleepwalking into an apocalypse.
You appear to have swallowed the party line in a big way. Have you ever heard of 77 Brigade? It's a British army internet assault unit, specifically designed to keep us all safe from democracy. From wikipedia:
The Brigade uses social media such as Twitter and Facebook as well as psyop techniques to influence populations and behaviour. David Miller, a professor of political sociology at the University of Bristol who studies British government propaganda and public relations, said that it is "involved in manipulation of the media including using fake online profiles".[25][26][27]

That's just one of many UK based government run departments who have a specific remit to create fake news, change opinion and generally muddy the waters. Its not just government, because we have moved to a facist private/public partnership style of unelected, unaccountable systems of NGOs and people like Integrity Initiative.The USA has way more of the same. Most western nations also play the game, with the 5 eyes nations being top of the heap. Then, as you say, you have the nation's who suffer at the hands of these groups using countermeasures. Sometimes I wonder how many accounts on the internet are real - take out all the bots, and the government propaganda merchants, and the foreign intelligence agencies, and it is entirely possible that there is no real discourse on the internet at all. It's all just propagandists trying to trick each other.

Here's how the British government spends taxpayer money abroad: REVEALED: The British government’s covert propaganda campaign in Syria

What's to stop foreign governments doing the same in the UK? Or the USA, for that matter...

Have you ever heard of 77 Brigade? It's a British army internet assault unit, specifically designed to keep us all safe from democracy

Is that a UFO flying past.

77th brigade :ROFLMAO:

What is really happening is the deep state, it's all a communist plot.

Personally I think Bill Gates is involved.

For someone who claims to be "outta here on this thread", you're still doing a lotta typing, D_W.

It's hard to resist when you see weird stuff that doesn't match reality here, or when something is really one-sided (the implication that this is the first fixed election after we spent years listening to endless drivel about russian interference....which turned out to be facebook ads).

But the novelty is wearing off, and I'll leave you guys to queen/soccer/pub soon!!

IMG-20210108-WA0000.jpg

You appear to have swallowed the party line in a big way. Have you ever heard of 77 Brigade? It's a British army internet assault unit, specifically designed to keep us all safe from democracy. From wikipedia:

That's just one of many UK based government run departments who have a specific remit to create fake news, change opinion and generally muddy the waters. Its not just government, because we have moved to a facist private/public partnership style of unelected, unaccountable systems of NGOs and people like Integrity Initiative.The USA has way more of the same. Most western nations also play the game, with the 5 eyes nations being top of the heap. Then, as you say, you have the nation's who suffer at the hands of these groups using countermeasures. Sometimes I wonder how many accounts on the internet are real - take out all the bots, and the government propaganda merchants, and the foreign intelligence agencies, and it is entirely possible that there is no real discourse on the internet at all. It's all just propagandists trying to trick each other.

Here's how the British government spends taxpayer money abroad: REVEALED: The British government’s covert propaganda campaign in Syria

What's to stop foreign governments doing the same in the UK? Or the USA, for that matter...

Love the II claimed funding of c. 500k for a year. That’s about 5 peoples wages. Not gonna make a blip of difference on the internet, you’d need to be spending 10s of millions and have hundreds of people working this stuff.

There was no substance to the whole russian rigging thing, just as there is none to the election rigging.

Have you read the (bipartisan) Senate Intelligence Committee Report?

I suspect Harris is going to be casting decisive votes almost every week because the respective parties will simply vote down hard party lines

I think that is right in the short term, but there is a good chance that the US will no longer be a two party country. GOP is going to be torn between the decent conservative democrats and the proto-fascist white supremacy wing trump has attached to it, those two are really not compatible.

I think that is right in the short term, but there is a good chance that the US will no longer be a two party country. GOP is going to be torn between the decent conservative democrats and the proto-fascist white supremacy wing trump has attached to it, those two are really not compatible.

I would agree that the possibility of the GOP splitting is quite possible, which will also guarantee neither of them ever gets into power again.

I would agree that the possibility of the GOP splitting is quite possible, which will also guarantee neither of them ever gets into power again.

It'll never happen solely for that reason. If you could split and retain power, the progressive and centrist democrats (who hate each other) would split.

It'll never happen solely for that reason. If you could split and retain power, the progressive and centrist democrats (who hate each other) would split.

Which might also happen I suppose, if the GOP fractured it might embolden the progressive left. to gamble. The two party system does seem to be struggling to cope with the current demographic.

Have you read the (bipartisan) Senate Intelligence Committee Report?

Interference in the election, not enough to affect the outcome. Sort of like the typical voter fraud in each election.

The biggest finding was that the President obstructed the investigation, but the obstruction was of something that didn't occur materially.

I can't get too worked up about someone obstructing an investigation when the investigation is covering something that didn't occur. The fake outrage by the senate afterwards about obstruction of justice was kind of dumb. If there's obstruction of something found to be substantive later, that's a much bigger problem.

Same reason I can't get worked up when someone says they've found 2000 fraudulent votes or uncounted votes in an entire state. Who cares?

As far as election meddling, I recall probably approaching a decade ago now where the Obama administration attempted to interfere in the russian elections and the russians were pointing fingers over it. It blew over because it obviously had no effect.

Do you think there has been an election in the last 50 years where the US hasn't done something to manipulate soviet or russian elections, or the converse? It's daily business. Would you like to contend the English never get involved in any of this kind of meddling, either? It's part of superpowers screwing with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back