Invasion of US Capitol building

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed up until about 3am watching it. Unbelievable scenes. Glad to see Biden's finally been confirmed, but you have to wonder what insanity Trump will undertake in the next two weeks, he's clearly mentally unstable.

I think you may be missing the point of all this: it doesn't matter who wins, who is inaugurated, which half of the duopoly gets to be "boss" for a few years - half of the electorate will refuse to acknowledge the government as legitimate. This would appear to have been done on purpose.

It is certainly ironic to see Color Revolution techniques being used on the good ol' US of A.

Whos taking bets on the probability that Biden will become the next assassinated US president. Many will not believe that the election was fair as so much doubt has been cast, and the country is a tinderbox waiting for ignition.

I think you may be missing the point of all this: it doesn't matter who wins, who is inaugurated, which half of the duopoly gets to be "boss" for a few years - half of the electorate will refuse to acknowledge the government as legitimate. This would appear to have been done on purpose.

It is certainly ironic to see Color Revolution techniques being used on the good ol' US of A.
The irony is that if that if this had been a mere civil rights BLM op it would have been forcibly put down and anybody carrying arms would almost certainly have been shot.

It was absolutely crazy scenes, but what amazed me is that they seemed to be totally unprepared (perhaps deliberately) to defend congress. I think Biden is taking the right course by just letting the legal process take it's course and not play into the hands of Trump. I think everything will settle down after transition.

The irony is that if that if this had been a BLM op it would have been forcibly put down and anybody carrying arms would almost certainly been shot.
Are you sure? The BLM chaos in Portland seemed to manage quite well without any police at all. No fascist jackbooted police beating innocent grannies and young children. Not for months.

I would suggest that this is just yet more politically slanted disinformation to appeal to the relevant side.

And btw, there weren't 14,000 arrests at a George Floyd demonstration. The quote from wikipedia is somewhat more nuanced:
By the end of June, at least 14,000 people had been arrested.[3][31][32] It was later estimated that between May 26 and August 22, 93% of individual protests were "peaceful and nondestructive"[33] and The Washington Post estimated that by the end of June, 96.3% of 7,305 demonstrations involved no injuries and no property damage.[34] Nevertheless, arson, vandalism, and looting between May 26 and June 8 were tabulated to have caused $1–2 billion in insured damages nationally—the highest recorded damage from civil disorder in U.S. history, "eclipsing the record set in Los Angeles in 1992 after the acquittal of the police officers who brutalized Rodney King."[5][35]

Notice the emphasis on "mostly peaceful", because only a tiny minority actually do any rioting. Exactly the same thing when it is a right wing riot, but the good old internet is spreading its disinformation as fast as it can.

img.jpg

the trump supporters were encouraged by him to damage the building, he set this up in my opinion on purpose as a last 'tantrum' because he's knows deep down he lost and because he's on the narcissistic spectrum he'll never admit it, for me it's just further proof of his absolute insanity and it puts the USA in a very negative light, he's an embarrassment and I can't wait to see him go.

Are you sure? The BLM chaos in Portland seemed to manage quite well without any police at all. No fascist jackbooted police beating innocent grannies and young children. Not for months.

I would suggest that this is just yet more politically slanted disinformation to appeal to the relevant side.

And btw, there weren't 14,000 arrests at a George Floyd demonstration. The quote from wikipedia is somewhat more nuanced:

Notice the emphasis on "mostly peaceful", because only a tiny minority actually do any rioting. Exactly the same thing when it is a right wing riot, but the good old internet is spreading its disinformation as fast as it can.

img.jpg
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...mob-police-trump-george-floyd-protests-photos

img.jpg

LOL so you're likening yesterday's scenes to the Black Lives Matter protests? "Exactly the same thing when it is a right wing riot". No, forcefully gaining entry to a government building in order to change the results of a legitimate election is not the same thing as rioting. Good try though!

ANYWHO, the point of this thread was to shed light on the objective disparity of police treatment between white protestors and black protestors in America. If you don't agree then you're wrong, soz.

Balanced journalism from the guardian? Exactly what I was talking about: a tiny minority (4%ish?) of protesters are rioting, but completely biased journalists will claim "their" rioters are "mostly peaceful", whereas the other side's rioters are violent terrorists. This same message will come from both left and right. You won't get any partisanship from me - I have no dog in this fight, and think that they are all barking. Both sides. However, it's interesting to hear the left bleating for a change, rather than desparately trying trying to normalise violent behaviour, as they have done over the last year. Rather refreshing.

I am of the opinion that all this tension has been set up to try and engender a Color Revolution, or just some good old chaos and confusion. Never let a crisis go to waste.

ANYWHO, the point of this thread was to shed light on the objective disparity of police treatment between white protestors and black protestors in America. If you don't agree then you're wrong, soz.
The only difference as I see it is that the left set fire to their own neighbourhoods, whereas the right have set fire to the government buildings.

I take it that the inferred position is that Trump tried to get his "armed thugs" to take control of the Capitol Building, and therefore stage armed coup, bring down the government etc, so on and so forth?

How does that differ from BLM taking over the seat of government in Portland? They were black, therefore peaceful? They were justified in their complaint, so they could have full autonomy for weeks (or was it months)?

My position is that there just isn't any objective disparity between any of it. Fully weaponised propaganda by the social media companies means nothing that happens is objective. Two groups of delusional people, living two distinct versions of reality. It can't possibly end well.

Balanced journalism from the guardian? Exactly what I was talking about: a tiny minority (4%ish?) of protesters are rioting, but completely biased journalists will claim "their" rioters are "mostly peaceful", whereas the other side's rioters are violent terrorists. This same message will come from both left and right. You won't get any partisanship from me - I have no dog in this fight, and think that they are all barking. Both sides. However, it's interesting to hear the left bleating for a change, rather than desparately trying trying to normalise violent behaviour, as they have done over the last year. Rather refreshing.

I am of the opinion that all this tension has been set up to try and engender a Color Revolution, or just some good old chaos and confusion. Never let a crisis go to waste.
The loudest "bleating" seems to be coming from Trump and his supporters.
"Color" revolution - I presume you mean red versus blue, in which case yes that seems to be exactly what Trump is hoping for.
The difference between BLM movements and the Trump faction is that the former are fighting for civil rights and democracy but the latter against. They are not equivalent and opposite.

Whos taking bets on the probability that Biden will become the next assassinated US president. Many will not believe that the election was fair as so much doubt has been cast, and the country is a tinderbox waiting for ignition.

It won't happen - you're not going to see another assassinated president. There's a fair chance at his age that he may not persist through his first term due to natural causes.

I'm not a huge fan of the protests in the capitol, but did read on another forum from someone who was there (he's a gun manufacturer, so I guess he likes these sort of things). In his words, the protest group headed to the front of the building and said "we're going in there and nobody is stopping us". In his part of the mob, at least, they were only yelling, but he'd heard that windows, etc, were broken on the other side of the building and suggested that some of the counterprotesters were stealthily dressed as MAGAs. His glom was unarmed, and the police suggested that those who remained in their group would be, too (that turned out not to be true). He also said several in his group (which was involved with nothing other than yelling back and forth) had their live streams cut off by video and streaming platforms and bits already recorded were deleted from the platform. I thought that was a bit odd here in the US. If they're showing a crime and glorifying it, that's understandable. To remove all is a bit chinesey).

In a group this big, lack of uniformity makes one man's account potentially accurate only for his segment, though.

You wouldn't catch me in any of that stuff - if you think an election was falsified, win it in court.

I'm not into politics at all, so I can't get excited by any of it - it'll blow over, and I'll be happy to stay away from any of it on any side.

(you'll also note that despite all of the fancy protests and colorful news stories, congress got back to business and already confirmed the election results. If I were one of the police, I probably would've stepped aside also - people have to eat and drink at some point - no need to make martyrs out of any of htem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back