Introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedlar

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a new member to the forum and would like to say hello to everyone. I am in the process of setting up a small workshop and would therefore be very greatful for any advise on the best equipment to purchase. I have purchased a router table, compound mitre saw and track saw. What do you think would be the best thing to purchase next? I am thinking of either a table or bandsaw. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Chisel no need for expensive ones learn to sharpen them well.

Dovetail and tenon saw preferably resharpenable.

Plane preferably a old Stanley or record learn to sharpen that too.

A decent set square I have a bahco one.

Make yourself a mallet, workbench and tool chest and you'll be half way there.

Cheers James

What do you think would be the best thing to purchase next?
Wait until you see what you need.
Buying tools is an ongoing thing, you never stop needing more tools!
Your best bet is to get on with some projects using what you have, and buy the tools that you need as you find the need for them.

Thanks all. I am building up my inventory of hand tools, still a way to go. Regards sharpening I use Japanese water stones, also have a diamond lapping plate to keep the stones flat. Practice in use will up the skill level. Like the comment of buying equipment to support ongoing projects.

Clamps, clamps and more clamps. Then, when you think you have enough, Go out and buy some more clamps. Welcome to the forum. tell us what you want to build.
well, good clamps maybe, cheap clamps that bend and buckle are worse than useless

Back